Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel

on
Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Having been so excited with Whoosh, I got a bottle of Happy Hippy to use interchangeably. Happy Hippy is a shower gel made with all things grapefruit: grapefruit oil acts as aromatherapy to revitalize, and grapefruit juice gently cleanses the skin. And because it's made with fresh grapefruits, each bottle varies slightly in colour, from pink to yellow. Ironically, it doesn't smell like grapefruit, though... Just kidding, it totally smells like grapefruit. Not artificially sweet grapefruit, but as if you cut a fresh grapefruit in half. And added hints of bergamot and frankincense oils to give it a slightly earthy edge.

I imagine that this would be a great shower gel for those who shower in the morning. After all, Lush advertises it as "pink grapefruit breakfast juice." But since I'm not one of these people, I don't really benefit from the revitalizing effects of grapefruit. Yes, it lathers well, and thusly I'm lead to believe that it's cleaning well, too, and it doesn't strip my skin or leave it feeling dry... But I'm not sure it merits the $17.95 price tag, especially for a 250ml bottle. To me, it's really nothing special. I do love grapefruit and I think the scent is nice, but it's not really my favourite. And the scent doesn't linger, anyway, even if it was. I feel like there are better shower gels with better scents and cleansing properties for this price. See, Whoosh is great because, hello, it's like Jell-O! It's obviously awesome. But Happy Hippy? Well, it hasn't made me that happy nor has it made me a hippy. So, I like it, but not enough to re-buy it.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9