Linda

on
Friday, March 18, 2011

I met up with Mary for dinner tonight at Linda. For those who don't know, Linda is the upscale sister restaurant to Salad King, which was a staple restaurant of mine when I went to Ryerson. When I went to Salad King, my go-to dish was the Chicken Panang, so naturally, that's what I ordered at Linda. Chicken Panang consists of chicken breast slices, bell peppers, peanuts, sweet Asian basil, lime leaf, coconut milk, and Thai Panang curry, with a bowl of rice. (If you don't like chicken, you can also get it with beef or shrimp.) It's available in mild or spicy, but I personally like it mild so you can really taste the coconut milk and the peanuts mixed in with the curry. And, what can I say? It's a favourite of mine for a reason: it never disappoints. For those who love Thai food and are bored of Pad Thai, try the Panang. It's ridiculously good.


And, of course, dinner wouldn't be complete without dessert. So I ordered the deep-fried mango roll with mango ice cream. The mango roll is essentially small chunks of mango wrapped in what seems like a wonton wrap and then deep-fried. It was really tasty, but I wish the actual mango part of the roll was bigger, because it seemed like it only contained a tablespoon or two of mango. I chose mango ice cream, which I found complimented the roll quite well, but you can choose between several different flavours (coconut, pineapple, etc.). I think I'll go with the deep-fried coconut ice cream next time, though. 'Cause you can't go wrong with deep-fried ice cream. Overall, though, our experience at Linda was a great one, and I'd definitely go back there, especially since Salad King is sadly too far for me to visit regularly now.
9 comments on "Linda"
  1. Woman, you're fast!!

    You're super sweet :D.

    Thanks again!

    p.s. my dessert sucked big time :(. I swear, mango with sticky rice really is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have never been to Salad King! I always mean to but then end up elsewhere. I'm not even sure where it is anymore... above the Foot Locker across the street now or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Mary, anytime! :) And I could tell you didn't really like your dessert, 'cause you didn't finish it. :( But I'm sure the authentic version is really good!

    Hey Sydney! I can't believe you've never been to Salad King, it's so close to the Eaton Centre! Apparently, it's now on Yonge Street, just south of Elm. You must go there ASAP. Cheap and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the mango with sticky rice at Salad King before and it was horrible.
    The mango wasn't ripe- think apple sans flavour!

    PS. Did Sean end up getting his saber? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, yeah, I tried some of Mary's sticky rice and the mango was like... crunchy. I feel like they should dice up ripe mangoes and mix it in with the sticky rice. It would get the flavour so much better!

    And, no, Shawn didn't get the light saber, lol! He had to do an essay on Sunday and couldn't make it downtown. But I guess we'll go to the next Comic-Con... Thanks for letting us know, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops..Shawn, not Sean!
    No problem, I had to control Rich from going out of control. I met "stormtroopers"!! Man did I feel out of place. lol

    PS. Mocha cupcakes- want some? I'm going to bake a batch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, yeah, I'd feel super out of place, too... But maybe my inner geek will come out... Shawn and I are discussing going to San Diego for Comic-Con, but that might be too hardcore. :P

    Ummm, of COURSE I want some. I'm off tomorrow, if you wanna hang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my lawd, lol San Diego will be out of control. Start small, I say! I think there's some kind of Sci-fi thing in August..that's bigger than ComicCon. Depending on who's going to be there, I might actually be interested! :T Oh boy.

    Txt/call me to let me know what time etc!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus, what's happened to us...?

    So apparently it's snowing tomorrow. (FML.) I'm not sure if I'm gonna go out or not yet... I'm DONE with winter. UGH.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9