Lancôme Ultra Lavande

on
Saturday, February 12, 2011

Most of Lancôme's Spring Collection, Ultra Lavande, didn't really intrigue me except for a new shade of Le Vernis Nail Colour in 359 Lavande. Despite the name, it's actually not lavender. It's a gorgeous mid-tone, slightly blue-based purple cream that should suit all skintones because it doesn't lean too blue. I have tons of nail polishes, many of them in purple shades, but surprisingly, I don't have one like this (they're either too light or too dark, or too blue or too red). I'm sure that there's a dupeable colour out there, but I haven't found it yet. I'm glad Lancôme didn't go the pastel route for Spring, 'cause I can see this shade being wearable all year round. It goes on relatively smooth, and goes opaque in two medium coats.

My complaints come in regarding the packaging and the price. You only get 6 ml in Lancôme polishes now (they used to be 10 ml), and it comes with a plastic top instead of a metal one (which is fine, 'cause less fingerprints stay on it). But it does look significantly cheaper than it did before. And it's $16 for 6 ml, making it more expensive than even Chanel, which is $26 for 13 ml. If you do the math, Lancôme is $2.67/ml and Chanel is $2/ml. As a result, I would only splurge for Lancôme polishes for a unique shade, like this one (which is also my principle with Chanel polishes).
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9