The Pickle Barrel

on
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shawn and I went to The Pickle Barrel for dinner. We both ordered the steak, even though The Pickle Barrel isn't exactly known for it. When you're craving, you're craving, right? Mine came with a Caeser salad to start, and mashed potatoes with gravy and roasted vegetables as sides. Honestly, my meal was mediocre at best, and Shawn said the same thing. It tasted exactly like a steak I could make at home. It wasn't particularly juicy or tender, and they use regular ol' Montreal steak spice that you can get at the supermarket. No special marinade or sauce or anything. And the waitress gave us a bottle of HP Sauce as well, which they would never do at a steakhouse, 'cause it's like an insult to the chef. Anyway, the conclusion is, I'll go to The Keg or Baton Rouge next time I'm craving steak.


I will, however, say that I finally found a dessert at The Pickle Barrel that's worth eating: the chocolate molten lava cake! Super soft and moist chocolate cake with a warm gooey chocolate centre on top of a mound of vanilla frozen yogurt, topped with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry. This alone saved the dinner. Seriously. Okay, so it's not the best chocolate molten lava cake I've ever had, but it was very, very good and I would definitely re-order it again. If we hadn't shared the dessert, we'd have left the restaurant feeling full but not satisfied. At least, this way, we left feeling both.
3 comments on "The Pickle Barrel"
  1. I tried their Garden Soy burger (don't ask) once and it was seriously the worst s*** I had ever eaten in my life. Seriously. The worst.

    But it came with a side of sweet potato fries which made it a little bit okay that I had to endure eating such crappy food.

    And mmmmmmmmMmmmmmmm steak. I love it plain with veggies and potatoes. No HP sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, etc. Just meat, vegetables, and potatoes. I love their filet mignon wrapped in bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I refuse to eat veggie burgers, 'cause I'm like, "Why eat soy when I can eat the real thing?!" But I've heard the veggie burger from - no joke - KFC is really good. Just ironic...

    I wasn't aware that Pickle Barrel has filet mignon with bacon! I would've gotten that instead, 'cause like, what's better than a slab of meat WITH BACON? Nom, nom, nom. I'm not sure I would get steaks again from PB, though... :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. AaaaHh! SORRY! I meant I love going to the Keg because of their truly awesome steaks. And that I love to get their filet mignon wrapped in bacon.

    So, no, PB does NOT have the good stuff as far as steaks go. Come to think of it I don't really like a lot of the stuff on their menu.

    And I got the soy burger because I tried vegetarianism once -- I had a traumatic experience involving a huge pot of stew containing pig snout that really made me cry.. I lasted a whopping 3 weeks.

    Don't normally go to KFC (I love my Popeyes!), but I want to give that veggie burger a test drive.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9