MAC Foaming Cleansers

on
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I used to be very wary about MAC's skincare line. I mean, as a brand called Make-up Art Cosmetics, their focus and expertise is really on make-up, not skincare. But when I went to my MAC training a few months ago, the trainers said the same thing: many customers don't want to try their skincare because they're such a make-up-based brand, but their skincare is just as good as some of the other prestige brands. (MAC is owned by Estée Lauder, after all, and have the same skincare experts working on their lines – just as Nars is owned by Shiseido and uses their expertise). I remembered reading the workbook with the description of the skincare products and the ingredients in them, and thinking, "Okay, that's it, I'm gonna try some of this."


I went to the MAC store because I had to pick up a new Blot Powder Compact in Medium Dark and a new Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering. I also picked up a new bottle of Fix+ (every MAC make-up artist lists this product as a must-have). It's phenomenal to re-set make-up during the day, refresh skin, use as a hydrating toner, and even to tame flyaways. Fix+ was the only skincare product that I ever really bought, because it was more for using in conjunction with make-up as opposed to taking off make-up or post-make-up. Ultimately, I decided that cleansers would be a good way to introduce myself to the rest of their skincare, seeing as I go through so much cleanser, anyway, and I already have way too many moisturizers at home. So I picked up a bottle of the Green Gel Cleanser and the Cremewash.

I prefer the Green Gel Cleanser for morning, only because the gel-texture and cucumber scent is more refreshing on the skin and makes me feel more awake. It's soap-free but foams up beautifully, and takes off make-up really well (as well as my face make-up, I tested it with a few different eyeliners on my hand, including liquid, pencil, and waterproof – it took everything right off, but you'd probably have to do two washes if you're wearing heavy or cream-based make-up). It's gentle enough that it won't make my skin feel super-tight after cleansing (I have combination to oily skin), but it doesn't leave me feeling hydrated or moisturized – just fresh and clean. It's sort of like a foaming version of Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser, except at a fraction of the cost (this retails for $23, whereas Fresh retails for $44, and they are both 150 ml). But unlike Fresh's cleanser, Green Gel Cleanser is not opthamologist-tested, so it's technically not be used in the eye area. My only complaint is the bottle. I wish they had made this in a squeeze tube because a twist cap can be quite cumbersome.

As for Cremewash, I am in love! It creates a thick, whipped, creamy foam that smells like citrus-vanilla, and it takes off make-up like nobody's business. (Again, not opthamologist-tested, so not for the eyes.) It leaves my skin feeling not just clean, but also super-soft and hydrated. I almost feel like I don't need to put on a face cream afterward (of course, I would never do something so ridiculous, but in theory, you know). The only thing is, Cremewash retails at $23.50 for 100 ml, whereas Green Gel Cleanser retails at $23 for 150 ml. I just don't know why there's that price difference (perhaps in the ingredients?). Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with these cleansers. They totally exceeded my expectations in terms of make-up removal and cleansing the skin. I would definitely re-purchase both of them, though I feel like I'd go through the Cremewash way more in the winter (creamy and moisturizing), and the Green Gel Cleanser more in the summer (fresh and sparkling).
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9