Hero Certified Burgers

on
Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dom, Geoff, and I went to eat at Hero Certified Burgers (the new York Mills and Bayview location) for dinner. I ordered the Signature burger, which is the original beef burger with Canadian cheddar, Hero Certified Sauce, and tomato, and I added extra pickles and mayo. I think this might be one of the best burgers I've eaten in a long time. It definitely knocks out any fast food burger, and I daresay a lot of dine-in restaurants, too. The patty is 100% Angus beef with no hormones or antibiotics. I'm not sure how that alters the taste or the way it cooks, but it makes for one delicious, tender, juicy burger. Oh, man. It costs more than your average fast food combo (the 4 oz. Signature Burger combo starts at $7.99), but it's infinitely more satisfying than a Big Mac. I think I will try the Peameal Bacon Burger next time.
4 comments on "Hero Certified Burgers"
  1. OMG I love Hero Burgers! Have you ever tried South St. (I think that's the name) burgers? Similar concept and they have New York Fries (poutineeee!!)

    Funny you posted this because I was craving a burger last night and my co-worker offered to grab something at McDonald's. Haven't had a double cheeseburger in like a year and it really made me feel sick. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried South St. Burger! I'd say that they're on par with Hero Burger. They're both so effing good... As for poutine, I find all the poutine in Toronto totally inferior after eating a few in Montreal. :( It's just not the same. I think it's because they use smoked meat drippings for the gravy...

    Oh, man, some McDonald's burgers make me so ill, I'm on the toilet for about an hour. (Sorry, TMI, lol.) It's bad news bears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE BIG MAC, I DON'T EVEN CARE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I will admit that the Big Mac sauce is pretty tasty... But after McDonald's took out the Big Extra (it was my favourite), I prefer Hero Burger overall. :P

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9