Yummy Vietnamese Cuisine

on
Friday, December 17, 2010

Shawn and I went for dinner after work at Yummy. After much raving from Edward about the noodle soup, I decided to try it for myself. And, I've gotta say, it has definitely become my new favourite place for pho. You can pick from a list of different ingredients as to what you want with your noodles, but I picked the classics: rare beef and cooked brisket. The noodles are soft and tender and you get a really good portion (e.g. huge - I barely finished it). But it's the broth that makes it my new favourite. It actually tastes like authentic pho noodle soup, not like super-salty MSG. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it's freakin' delicious, and I'll be going there again (hopefully soon).

Also, I did a little bit of shopping today: a tube of MAC Viva Glam II Lipstick, a new compact of MAC Studio Fix Powder+ Foundation in C35, a new Shu Uemura eyelash curler (my old one broke), and a Ben Sherman leather wallet for Shawn. Oh, and while I was at Sephora, I redeemed my Beauty Insider points and got a free set of Philosophy holiday goodies, including a full-size tube of their Peppermint Bark lip shine, and mini sizes of their bubble bath and shower gels in Vanilla Birthday Cake, Candy Cane, Peppermint Bark, and The Gingerbread Man. It kind of made my day.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9