Duke of York

on
Monday, December 20, 2010

Shawn and I went down to the Duke of York to celebrate Vito's birthday tonight. It was my first time going there, and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the place. It has an "old England" feel in terms of the decor, but it's clean, well-lit, and rather charming, and our waiter was awesome. There was beer (it was my first time trying Cracked Canoe beer, and I have to say, it's probably my new favourite light beer), there were shots (and perhaps an Irish Car Bomb or two), and there was food: Chris Brothers' Famous Deep-Fried Pepperoni, spicy calamari, and the Duke's Ultimate Nachos.

The biggest disappointment was probably the pepperoni, which tasted like slightly burned, slightly hardened pizza pepperoni. I'm not really sure what makes it "famous." The calamari was okay, but nothing special. The pieces of squid are tiny and it's very thinly battered (which some people like). I like the calamari at Willie Stouts way more. The stand out was definitely the nachos. We ordered ours with chili and it was awesome. Like, this is how all nachos should be. Perfectly layered, too, so there was cheese, tomatoes, peppers, and chili all the way to the bottom of the chip pile. Would I go there again? Definitely. But I think we'll leave the pepperoni and calamari next time.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9