Cosmetics Shopping Spree #641

on
Thursday, September 23, 2010
My most recent make-up hauls (from Murale, Sephora, Holt Renfrew, and Shoppers) include:


Stila Custom Colour Blush: the whole concept of one-shade-fits-all, finally in a powder form. It looks like a super bright, neon pink in the pan, but looks so flattering on the skin.


Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Alhambra (metallic warm rose and golden champagne) and Rajasthan (golden taupe brown and smoky peacock blue), and Single Eyeshadow in Daphne (vibrant royal purple). Rajasthan and Daphne are definitely the highlights from Nars' Fall collection. Beautiful, rich colour with excellent pay-off. Alhambra is still my go-to highlight/base eyeshadow colours and I hit pan on my last one so I grabbed a new one. You'd think that, being such neutral shades, other brands would have dupes of Alhambra, but I have yet to find ones (even from MAC) that are just as flattering. I've already gone through three of these in the last year.


Korres Lip Butter in Plum and Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Balm SPF 15. The easiest ways to wear a plum shade, and both intensely moisturizing. I like the Korres one for more colour pay-off (it almost looks like a stain and is buildable), and the Fresh one for a natural look.


Burberry Lipstick in 09 Blush (a mid-tone pink with a touch of coral with very subtle gold micro-shimmer). This is a very flattering shade across a variety skintones. I was really hesitant in buying this at first, because it's a $35 lipstick and I don't get a discount on it. But I understand the hype - it's mostly opaque colour coverage, has a lovely creamy texture with a slightly glossy look, is fairly moisturizing while still being quite long-wearing, and is comfortable to wear.


Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Across the Universe (a deep navy blue jelly base with electric blue glitter, and teal and green hexagonal glitter) and Bad Romance (a black-burgundy jelly base with regular fuchsia glitter and hexagonal fuchsia glitter). I finally found these at Murale, and bought them immediately. They're just really fun and unique shades (I haven't found any great dupes for either one). It's definitely more work to apply just because you need a minimum of three coats, and it's an even bigger pain in the ass to remove, but it's worth it in the end because the final looks are amazing.


MAC Nail Trend F/W 2010 by Jin Soon Nail Lacquers in Concubine (darkened red with ruby and scarlet shimmer flecks), Rain of Flowers (blackened purple base with flecks of violet shimmer), Ming Blue (brightened medium-dark ocean blue with softer blue shimmer), and Jade Dragon (deep forest green with flecks of green-teal shimmer). I found these to be quite pigmented, even if the formula was on the thinner side. They're not the most unique shades I've seen, but they're still gorgeous shades and beautiful to wear.


Zoya Nail Lacquer in Ivanka (emerald green with a darker forest green base and brighter emerald shimmer as well as gold and green flecks) and Gosh Nail Lacquer in Silky Mint (mid-tone creamy jade green). What can I say? I'm a sucker for green nail polish.

Yes, I'm well aware that I have a make-up buying problem.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9