Lush The Jilted Elf Shower Jelly

on
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If you have walked into any mall recently, you'll know that the holidays are in full swing. I was at Lush, gathering little items for Secret Santa at work, and saw all of their holiday items on display. I noticed that they had released a new Shower Jelly for holiday: The Jilted Elf. Obviously, I had to buy one. 'Cause you know how I feel about their Shower Jelly. I bought the smaller 100g tub ($5.95) this time, 'cause the large 240g one ($10.95) takes forever to get through, but if you love, love, love the scent, you should grab a big one, 'cause The Jilted Elf is limited edition for the holidays. Maybe that's how he got jilted.


The Jilted Elf smells like... gingerbread cookies, maybe? Or like, ginger ale and apple cider? At first whiff, it smells like ginger ale (or, the taste of ginger ale), but then you sniff again, and there's this underlying spicy sweetness that totally reminds you of the holidays. Very fitting, really. Turns out, it's made out of fig decoction and honey (for skin-softening properties), plus cinnamon leaf oil, grapefruit oil, ginger oil, and vodka. So... it should smell like spiked ginger ale swirled with a cinnamon stick, no? Yeah, not really, but it does smell positively delightful! The scent vaguely reminds me of Philosophy's The Gingerbread Man. Except Lush's version is way better, 'cause it's jelly (!) and it's bright acid green with gold shimmer in it (!!!).
3 comments on "Lush The Jilted Elf Shower Jelly"
  1. I always get so overwhelmed at LUSH that I just end up running away with nothing! These jelly things sound like a blast though! I read your old post re: Woosh and can't believe it can foam so much. Perhaps I'll try soon! Fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I used to get super overwhelmed at Lush as well, but I pretty much ignore half the store (the bar soaps and the bath bombs), 'cause I don't use bar soap and I don't take baths. I also ignore all of the facial skincare, 'cause I already have a skincare routine that I love. Soooo, it pretty much leaves hair and shower stuff. And then I break it down to what I will use, what I may be interested in using, and what I will never use (like shampoo bars). I didn't realize I had such an organized way of shopping at Lush, but apparently I do!

    It foams like CRAZY, WHOA. I love this shit. So awesome. And $5.95 is totally affordable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, yeah - that's more than just organized, lol! I might adopt that strategy then. :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9