Julep Maven Box

on
Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I got my Julep Maven box in the mail yesterday! I actually requested a "shelf pull" for this month, because the original box they were going to send me wasn't that exciting (it included a lip gloss and a cosmetics bag, both of which I'm not that interested in). They sent me an e-mail back with six other options, so I chose the Polish Lover option (worth $42), which was a special for this month only. Thusly, in my box, I found three nail polishes: Diane is a blackened forest green in a cream finish, Trina is a shimmery deep aubergine, and Michelle is a dark midnight blue in a cream finish. They aren't the most unique shades and they're all very dark, but they are gorgeous and wearable (and fantastic for layering with glitter!). All three shades go on super smoothly and evenly, and fully opaque in one coat. Julep's nail polish formula is truly phenomenal; I've yet to find another brand whose formula is this consistent among all shades and finishes. I'm very happy with this box, and I'm glad they were able to offer a polish-only option this month!
13 comments on "Julep Maven Box"
  1. Would you say that Julep's better than Butter? I'm really curious about Butter nail polish, but if Julep's formula is better, then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that Julep's formula is consistently better than Butter's. Butter London has some fantastic shades, but there are some flops as well (I wasn't very impressed with their Holiday shades)... Though every single Julep shade I've tried (about 12 so far) is fantastic, and a bit cheaper, too! The only thing is that you can only buy Julep online right now, whereas you can find Butter London at Holt's. It really depends on the shade you want, though. I mean, some of Butter London's shades are really unique, and they are certainly worth getting! It's definitely worth joining Julep for their Maven program, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Polish Lover too! I loooove Trina, it's so so so pretty! The other two shades are less wearable for me, but I totally agree that Julep's formulas and brushes are the absolute best. Seriously, I feel like a professional manicurist doing my nails when I use their products!

    Also... erm, in a fit of insanity, I cancelled my Julep membership and I think I regret it. I might have to sign up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, why'd you cancel Julep? I thought you liked it? I feel like out of all the beauty subscriptions I have, this is the only one I'm going to keep! :P

    I can totally see you wearing the other two colours -- they look almost black, so you can totally layer it with a sheerer shimmery colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colours are gorgeous - they're exactly the kind I gravitate to!

    Thank goodness I picked up some Lippmann today or else I'd be feeling some nail polish pangs. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want! :( I don't think they ship to Norway though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shake Your Groove Thing and I Love The Nightlife. They're the most slammin' glitter polishes. EVER. You must get if you don't already have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Fieran! I think they only ship within North America right now. :( Sorry for tempting you. :(

    And Liz -- When I went to Murale, they didn't have either of those shades! :( I really, really want both of those, and perhaps even Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?, 'cause it looks more like the ruby red slippers from Wizard of Oz than Ruby Red Slippers, which has a black base... (Wow, that sounded kinda confusing.) I think I need to stop by a Holt Renfrew...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I've never seen/been to a Murale. It sounds great!

    I got them at Holts so that's where you want to go, Denise! Totally get you on the Ruby Red Slippers cuz that was my thought, too. So glad I didn't get Boom Boom Pow last year because Shake is a brighter, more glittery version of it. I still kind of want Today Was A Fairytale but not sure if it's worth it now that I have Nightlife.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I developed a mini-addiction to Murale because I used to work for Shoppers, so I got a 30% discount at Murale as well. (30% off Chanel, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Stila, YSL, and Lippmann? OH YES.) Thusly, I would always shop during 20x Optimum points events at SDM, and then use my discount AND redeem my points at Murale. I got soooo much free make-up and skincare that way... It's the only thing I really miss about working for SDM... :(

    I may need to make a stop at Yorkdale soon and take a look-see at the Holt's cosmetics department. They have Shu Uemura and Giorgio Armani make-up, too... Oh, god, this is bad news bears. I didn't get Boom Boom Pow, either, though I was debating it when I was at Murale last week. But since Shake came out, I think I'm gonna hold off for that instead. I have to see Nightlife before judging if it's worth getting, only because I have Today Was A Fairytale already. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I would save absolutely nothing if I had those discounts. They may as well just pay with products, lol.

    Nightlife is graphite glitter and Fairytale is paler silver glitter. I *think* I can live without Fairytale, but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh don't apologize :) its just nail polish.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9