Luxe Box

on
Thursday, July 14, 2011

I received this month's Luxe Box in the mail yesterday. For those who don't know, Luxe Box is a monthly service that offers a box of three to five deluxe samples of different cosmetics products for $12 a month. The idea of it is to discover and try out different brands and products (which includes make-up, skincare, body care, nails, and hair). It's sent directly to your home, and is beautifully packaged to boot. Inside this month's box, I found a full-size 15 ml bottle of Essie Nail Polish in Silken Cord, a 15 ml bottle of Proclaim Hair Oil Treatment, a full-size 1.1-gram Trucco Pro Lip Liner in Russet, and a 1.2 ml sample size of Stella McCartney's Stella in Two Peony perfume.


I absolutely love the nail polish, which is a fun, bright cherry red, but I'm kind of indifferent to the other samples I received. The Trucco lip liner is nice, but the dark berry colour is not really one I'd wear. I would have preferred something a little more summery, like a coral or a fuchsia. I don't use hair treatments, but I feel like I'll get some use out of this one because I've been straightening my hair a lot lately, so this might help repair it. Perhaps I will use it instead of my Biosilk and see how it performs. The sample size of fragrance was the most disappointing, since it's something I could get at any perfume counter. And that having been said, I already have the full-size bottle of Stella in Two Peony. I like the scent, but the sample just seems... cheap. I guess the two full-size products kind of make up for it. Overall, I was kind of disappointed with this month's Luxe Box, as the only product I really like (and will use) is the Essie polish, but I guess I can't complain, 'cause I did get two full-size products for $10. I'm still looking forward to what August's Luxe Box will bring.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9