Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Victoriana

on
Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I actually had some time to myself tonight after work so I decided to paint my nails, as I tend to get antsy if I keep the same nail colour for too long (I've worn Lady Muck for six days!). Since I'm still in love (read: obsessed) with Butter London, I decided to try Victoriana. This shade is a kind of hard to describe, because it looks like a medium-dark dusty peacock blue with silver micro-glitter in the bottle (and in the picture), but it looks different in different lighting (probably due to the micro-glitter). I find that in indoor lighting, it looks more true to the bottle, whereas in outdoor lighting, it looks a more like a murky green. Either way, it's a unique and spectacular shade, and I'm really glad I picked this one because it wasn't really what I expected it to be (in the best way possible!). As with the other Butter London nail lacquers I've tried, the formula on this one is phenomenal: smooth and even application, fast drying time, long-lasting, and opaque in one coat without being too thick or goopy. I also found out that Holt Renfrew sells Butter London, so no more online shipping fees!
7 comments on "Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Victoriana"
  1. This is such a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Fieran! :) Why, thank you! It does look way better in person, though. But I've yet to try an ugly polish by Butter London. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty colour!

    How much do Butter polishes retail for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They retail for $17 a pop, at least online. It's definitely on the pricey end, but if you find a unique colour that you love, it's definitely worth it, 'cause the formula is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise :) Have you tried Deborah Lippmann's nail colours? I'm in love with them. When used with her Addicted to Speed topcoat, they are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Fieran! Yes, I looooove Deborah Lippmann! I have maybe 12 polishes from her (11 of which are glitter, lol!). My favourite is Across The Universe. I get compliments every time I wear it. :)

    I'm currently using Seche Vite top coat, 'cause it's the fastest drying that I have found so far. I totally Googled "most fast drying top coat for nails" and Seche Vite kept coming up over and over again, so I decided to try it. So far, I'm pretty happy with it. It dries my nails in about 30 seconds, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw man, I totally could've told you Butter London was available @ Holt's! That's where I picked up the only Butter London shade I own, Victoriana. :D Great minds...

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9