Thursday @ Phoenix Concert Theatre

on
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Went to see Thursday tonight at The Phoenix.


Unfortunately, my pictures all turned out rather blurry because of where I was standing and all the movement in the venue. But I had a great time, even if the crowd could've been a little more energetic. Thursday is celebrating their 10th anniversary of their second album, Full Collapse, so they played the album from beginning to end:
  1. A0001
  2. Understanding in a Car Crash
  3. Concealer
  4. Autobiography of a Nation
  5. A Hole in the World
  6. Cross Out the Eyes
  7. Paris in Flames
  8. I Am the Killer
  9. Standing on the Edge of Summer
  10. Wind-Up
  11. How Long is the Night?
  12. I1100
I have actually never, in my nine times watching them, heard them play every single song from Full Collapse, so it was especially great to hear "Concealer" and "Wind-Up," both of which I have never heard live. Full Collapse is one of my favourite albums to this day, even ten years later, because I never get sick of the songs. None of them are really catchy or follow a sound pattern to a tee, which is why I can still listen to them over and over again and still appreciate the melody and the lyrics. The thing I love most about Thursday live is the passion and energy that they have when they're on stage. You can almost feel what they're feeling when they play those songs. Amazing, and completely nostalgic. For an hour, I totally felt like my 14-year-old self again, when shows were just about the music and not the "scene" or the clothes or the hair.

They also played a song called "Turnpike Divides" from their new album, No Devolución, which will be released in April. It's a very different sound from all of their other albums, perhaps a bit catchier and slightly more mainstream, but I'm really excited to hear what the rest of the album will sound like.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9