Bâton Rouge

on
Monday, February 14, 2011

Shawn took me out for Valentine's Day dinner at Bâton Rouge. We haven't had a "dinner date" in a while, you know, at a restaurant with proper wine glasses, so it was nice to eat a meal that actually had three separate courses, rather than wings or noodles or pub food. We decided to take advantage of their Valentine's menu, so I ordered the filet mignon with sautéed mushrooms and peppercorn gravy, and a baked potato on the side. Maybe it's because I haven't had a good piece of steak in a while, but the filet mignon was so damn good. Juicy, tender, pure deliciousness.


And for dessert, they were offering either key lime pie or bourbon chocolate banana bread, so Shawn ordered one and I ordered the other so we could share both. The key lime pie was good, but it had nothing on the banana bread. I don't know what the hell they put in it, but it was just phenomenal, and by far the best banana bread I've ever eaten. I couldn't taste the bourbon in it, really, but it could've been because of the vanilla sauce it was sitting on. Regardless, the cake was warm, moist, super-soft, and ridiculously addictive. I was so, so, so full, and I was like, "Must. Finish. Dessert." Luckily, Shawn liked the key lime pie more (or so he said), so I had the banana bread all to myself. Nom, nom, nom. Seriously, there was nothing about my dinner that I could complain about. It's been a good Valentine's Day.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9