Boston: Day 1, Dunkin' Donuts

on
Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We arrived at our hotel in Brockton (about 25 minutes from downtown Boston) at around 9:30am, but check-in wasn't for another two hours so we went to the (fairly ghetto) local mall there to kill some time. We went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast, and I ordered the new Maple Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich (I don't actually like maple syrup with anything other than waffles or pancakes or French toast, but the one in the poster looked epic) and a cup of coffee.

Okay, I don't know how people are comparing Dunkin' Donuts to Tim Horton's. It might just be my Canadian bias, but... Okay, no, it's not that I'm biased because the coffee is, in a word, terrible, even by regular coffee standards. Dunkin' Donuts coffee isn't even on the same level as Tim Horton's. Gas station coffee, maybe (actually, come to think of it, I've totally had better coffee at gas stations). Also, Americans apparently don't know what a "double double" is. I totally ordered that, and the lady taking my order just looked at me all confused-like, so I clarified, "Um, two creams and two sugars?" And she just looked at me like I was an idiot (or a foreigner, whichever).

Moreover, the breakfast sandwich was equally as gross. The egg-like substance they put in it was reminiscent of styrofoam in texture (and the taste, too, come to think of it), and the "sausage" was thin and actually not meat-like at all (soy, maybe?). And because I don't complain about food, I just ate it. To be fair, at least the croissant tasted like a croissant. However, it was totally not worth the 720 calories and 49 grams of fat. I could've eaten a Big Mac instead.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9