Had a big nine-person banquet dinner/fam jam for Mid-Autumn Festival at NKS Banquet Hall:

Peking duck

Seafood egg white drop soup

Stir-fried Cantonese garlic ginger lobster

Baby bok choy with enoki mushrooms

Shredded Peking duck with lettuce cups

Deep-fried panko-crusted oysters

Steamed bass with scallions and ginger in soy sauce

Deep-fried garlic chili pork ribs

Sweet and sour pork









This is the first time that I've come here for a multi-course Chinese banquet dinner, which was quite exciting because that means we got to try so many more dishes. Everything was delicious, but the Peking duck and deep-fried oysters were definite highlights for me. (I always want to get the Peking duck here and my mom always say we'll come on a Tuesday because it's half-price, but we never end up making it.) I haven't been back here since February for Chinese New Year dinner, and I am happy to report that NKS is still just as excellent and underrated as ever before. (And also fantastic value — all this food was just under $40 a head after tax and tip. Anywhere else, it'd be at least $50 per person.)
Happy Asian Thanksgiving!
NKS Banquet Hall
New Kennedy Square
8360 Kennedy Rd., Unit B06
Markham, ON L3R 9W5
(905) 948-8668

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment