BTS — "Merry Go Round" Official MV

on
Friday, September 25, 2026

"Merry Go Round" is about pure desolation, melancholy, and struggling with depression — it's by far the saddest song off of ARIRANG, and one of the most profoundly sad songs from BTS in general. 


I wish that I could tell you that it's over
I wish that I could walk away from pain
My life is like a broken roller coaster
But maybe I'm the only one to blame

I can't get off this merry go round
It spins me around 
I do my best, but I can't slow down
This merry go round

And I, I can't get off of this ride
I can't get off of this ride
I try, this happens every time
I can't get off of this ride

Feel like I'm all grown up now
But I still got the same old doubts
Every day on this merry go round
Feel like I'm stuck on this hamster wheel
Oh, questions with no answers
Running through this maze
We're all just smiling 
Like everything's okay, everything

I wish that I could tell you that it's over
I wish that I could walk away from pain
My life is like a broken roller coaster
But maybe I'm the only one to blame

I can't get off this merry go round
It spins me around 
I do my best, but I can't slow down
This merry go round

And I, I can't get off of this ride
I can't get off of this ride
I try, this happens every time
I can't get off of this ride

Spinnin' up, down
Just round and round
I'm fallin' apart
Still bound to ground
Can't break out of these chains
My inner child cries out
I've had enough of this ride
Please take me out, ma

My bed is my coffin
My whole world feels like caffeine
Every day, walk into death
Can't I turn off this dream
'Cause I can't stop dancing
Just thinking and thinking and thinking and think
Thinking about how I should stop thinking
Round and round, are you happy?
Smile 'til the end for me


It took three months, but they finally released this MV for everyone. This MV was originally released for Spotify Premium members only, which was extremely disappointing because BigHit has never had to put BTS' MVs behind a pay wall before and I vehemently disagree with this practice. And I still refuse to pay for Spotify.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9