Suchwita: Episode 12 — SUGA with Jin

on
Sunday, June 11, 2023

[Discussing making whiskey]
Jin: "You've been studying, huh?"
Yoongi, shyly: "Did some on whiskey, yes."
Jin: "BTS' useless encyclopedia!"
Yoongi: "I'm always looking things up on Namuwiki."
Jin: "You know all sorts of weird stuff. You've still got it!"

[Talking about the homemade alcohol Jin brought]
Yoongi: "What does [the name Sahaehyeongje] mean? Does it mean you become brothers if you drink it?"
Jin: "Something like that. If you drink it, you become brothers with your friends."
Yoongi: "We're already brothers and family."
Jin: "I didn't come up with the name."

Jin: "You might not know this, but when I sing 'The Astronaut' at a karaoke, I have to look at the lyrics."
[An energetic cameraman suddenly appears in frame]
Yoongi: "It's like a prompter. It gives you a sense of security."
Jin: "Well- "
[Yoongi whips his head around towards this random cameraman]
Jin, noticing a commotion: "What is this thing?"
[Hobi giggling in the background]
Yoongi: "I saw him from the corner of my eye and someone was being freaking annoying."
[Hobi laughs even louder in the background]
Yoongi: "So I was positive it was one of our members."
Jin: "I was wondering what was up with the staff!"
Yoongi: "I was like, 'Why is he taking pictures like that?' I knew it had to be Jeon Jungkook or J-Hope."

[Hobi looks for water after sipping alcohol]
Hobi, looking around: "I noticed on Episode 1 that you have a fridge."
Yoongi, getting up: "It's over here. This is my place. Over here. I have sugar, too." [kicks bags of sugar] "Sugar, sugar."
Jin: "Why do you have sugar?" [moment of realization] "SUGA!"

[Discussing the aftermath of Jin's speech about disbandment during 2018 MAMA]
Hobi: "Even until 2018, I still don't know, but I thought we were just underdogs."
Yoongi: "I think we need something like that, though."
Hobi: "Yeah, totally."
Yoongi: "Without it, there's no driving force. Of course, it was very tough at the time, but because we got through that, in 2019 and 2020, we were able to achieve what we did. What I love about our members is that when we're given good content or something that's good, we all voluntarily do it. I realized that during "Run BTS." We all came out to practice voluntarily. Even if someone had something on their schedule, they'd come out an hour early to practice."
Jin: "Isn't that a given?"
Yoongi: "It is for us. But the fact that everyone does that without any hesitation and still enjoys it... It's just so amazing. Although we're on the same team, I just feel really lucky to have met you all."
Hobi: "I always feel the same way, too. To be frank, we're not a team that made it just because one person did really well. We're here because we all worked really hard."
Yoongi: "And we believe in each other. We don't think that one of us won't do well."
Jin: "We don't think that at all."
Yoongi: "We never even had that thought. When I ask a member to feature on a song or do something, that thought never crosses my mind."
Hobi: "And about that, everyone has- "
Yoongi: "A sense of pride."

Yoongi: "Theres something I'm curious about, though. Lately, I've been thinking sometimes, 'What if I hadn't been in BTS?' What would 30-year-old Min Yoongi be doing? I try to imagine that."
Jin, pondering: "I think... "
Yoongi: "What do you think you'd be doing?"
Jin: "I would've failed miserably, to be honest."
[Yoongi and Hobi laughing]
Jin: "Because I'm not very good at doing things voluntarily. I work really hard on the things I'm told to do. I do my best to do my part, but- "
Yoongi: "What are you talking about? You're good at doing things voluntarily!"
Hobi: "You went to Argentina [to perform with Coldplay] voluntarily!"
Yoongi: "And you made Sahaehyeongje voluntarily!"
Jin: "I like to stay at home, and I don't meet a lot of people. I'm what you call an 'outsider.' So I probably would be playing games at home and getting my back slapped by my parents."
Hobi: "You'd have heard things like, 'Why is a good-looking guy like you living this way?'"
Jin: "I hear that even now."

This episode is the only one that has quite literally made my cry one minute and laugh out loud the next. God, I miss this family so much. 2025 can't come fast enough.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9