Friday Five: Backspace

on
Friday, March 17, 2023
This week's Friday Five:

  1. Which of your actions of this past week would you care to undo? Whatever transaction I made that caused my credit card to become compromised on Wednesday. Someone tried to spend $663 on my card at Lowes.ca of all places, the very transaction that prompted my bank to send me a fraud alert. My bank declined the charge, but then I immediately logged into online banking and saw that the $48 that someone tried to spend at a Landmark Cinemas in Calgary (a city in an entirely different province) went through. So I had to call my bank, who went through my transactions, declared it compromised, and had to close my card. This is especially inconvenient because I won't have a credit card for at least 7 business days and I am leaving for Seoul in 2 weeks. I am very annoyed.

  2. When did you last physically erase something? Wow, when's the last time I even used a pencil...? Ooh, wait, when I first started my current job in late 2021, I used to draw little illustrations on my co-worker's white board and I did erase some of those...

  3. When have you been glad about canceled plans? I've found that as I've gotten older, I'm always glad about canceled plans... Sometimes I even make up excuses just to cancel plans...

  4. When you're on your way out the door but have to turn around and come back for something, what's usually the reason? I forgot to bring a new pack of cigarettes and there's only 2 left in my current pack. (I buy cartons of smokes at a time to lessen the frequency I have to go to a convenience store or gas station.)

  5. What do you do when you really want to remember to do something later today or tomorrow? If it's a task or an errand, I write it on a Post-It. If it's an actual appointment or meeting, I write it on my big desk calendar.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Backspace"
  1. Yeah, the debit card thing has happened to me. What is it about home improvement stores? The people who got my info went to Home Depot to spend my money.

    Thankfully, the bank immediately credited my account and took care of all the messy stuff for me. It did take a few days to get an actual new card, but it all worked out okay. Here's hoping your situation does too.

    Have a great trip. And in case I have to remind you, take lots of food pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was on my credit card so it was a little different - the bank managed to block the big transaction from getting authorized, and because the $48 charge wasn't posted yet, it also didn't manage to go through because I called fraud in time. I got a new credit card in a few business days, though, so at least I have it in time for my trip!

      And of course, I will take an exorbitant amount of food photos for a 15-day period! I already told my friend to prepare to be my hand model for our street food days, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9