Friday Five: In the pit

on
Friday, February 10, 2023
This week's Friday Five:

  1. When did you recently pass the baton to someone? We just hired another Executive Assistant so I could move into the Operations department. I've been training her to the best of my abilities so she can replace me in that office. She has a lovely personality and a great work ethic, so I have high hopes for her.

  2. What do you wish you never fiddled with? Dating a really good friend about a decade ago. We were friends for years. He moved to another country for a year and confessed when he came back. I shouldn't have agreed to dating him. I was still hung up over another guy (who I had a crush on, but never dated), and I think I was just looking for comfort and validation. But the biggest problem was that his personality totally changed once we got into a relationship. He was confident, funny, independent, and easygoing before we started dating, and became an incredibly needy, insecure, suffocating person. I couldn't stand him after three months, and dumped him after four. I haven't talked to him since. (Yeah, I'm pretty cutthroat.)

  3. What do you plan to reed in the near future? As I don't play woodwind instruments and also don't particularly enjoy tall grass, I'm gonna go with nothing. If we're talking about 'read' instead of 'reed,' then I might re-read one of the many YA book series I have at home. Or maybe start my annual re-reading of the Harry Potter series. But as it is, I haven't really been into reading books in a while. Maybe I'll login to Goodreads and see what's new and exciting.

  4. How's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's actually been kind of weird lately. There was a day last week that was -22℃, but then it went up to 6℃ this week with a considerable amount of rain yesterday (free car wash!), and it's consistently going to be in the positive for this weekend into all of next week. So, praying to the weather gods that spring comes early.

  5. What have you lately been nuts about? Well, aside from BTS, which has been a constant of mine for nearly 7 years, I'm gonna say building LEGO, which was surprisingly become my new favourite hobby.
2 comments on "Friday Five: In the pit"
  1. I have seen a change like that in men too. Mr. J. here was a very fun, entertaining and party-going person, and after we married he never went to a party anymore and didn't even go to his own friends. They first blamed me, until they saw me going out with my friends, while he stayed home reading, watching movies and listening to music.
    So I won't blame you for never contacting that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What bothered me more than his activities or hobbies or habits changing was that his entire personality changed. It was like he became an entirely different person, one that I never would've thought of dating to begin with, you know?

      It sucks either way, though. And it really sucks that people blamed you for your husband becoming reclusive. :(

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9