Unboxing: Olive Young Haul — Fall/Winter 2022

on
Sunday, November 6, 2022
This is the first year in over a decade that I won't be partaking in Sephora's VIB sale (yes, enter gasp here)... because I spent over $500 at Olive Young during their 20% off sale instead. So back in April, when I said, "in the decade that I've been using Korean skincare brands, I have yet to have a negative reaction to any of the products I've tried," I TOTALLY JINXED MYSELF. Because as it turns out, I am allergic to all the Abib products I bought. Yes, after a month of using those Abib skincare products, my skin turned into SANDPAPER. I had oily skin my entire life and all of a sudden, my skin turned drier than the desert. Itchy, flaky, peeling, you name it. It's been three months and I'm still trying to repair it. So this time around, I only looked for skincare with the keywords, "hydrating," "soothing," "calming," "moisturizing," and "repairing." 

COSRX Hydrium Watery Toner, Centella Aqua Soothing Ampoule, and The Vitamin C 23 Serum

COSRX Advanced Snail Radiance Dual Essence and Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask

Shingmulnara Mild Enzyme Peel Cleansing Foam and Acwell pH Balancing Soothing Cleansing Foam 1+1 Special Set

Graymelin The Last Frontier Alaska Glacier Water 85% Natural Toner and Scinic The Simple Calming Toner 2-for-1 Set

Anua Birch 70% Moisture Boosting Serum Duo Set and Mixsoon Centella Asiatica Essence

ROUND LAB Birch Juice Moisturizing SerumBirch Juice Moisturizing Cream Jumbo Size, and Soybean Nourishing Cream

HYGGEE Relief Chamomile Mist and Mediheal Madecassoside Essential Mask Soothing Sheets 20P

Scinic Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence SPF 50+ and COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF 50+

Passion & Beyond Deep Moisture Classic Hand Cream and Total Recovery Classic Intensive Hand Cream

Rom&nd Nu Zero Cushion in 05 Sand and Hanyul Nature in Life Lip Balm in Red Rice

I also bought skin makeup for the first time in 3 years. I decided to venture into cushion foundations because I wanted something that is low-maintenance and requires minimal effort. But I also wanted a formula that is weightless and gives natural medium coverage (enough to even out the redness in my skin while still looking like skin). So after a ton of research and looking into brands that actually makes a shade dark enough for me (the most difficult part of buying Korean skin makeup is that they usually only make light shades), I decided on this one by a brand called Rom&nd. It's quite risky buying skin makeup without trying it on in person (also because Olive Young does not take returns for used product), but the darkest shade, Sand, matches me pretty well (I'm an NC30 in MAC Studio Fix Powder for reference). It's still a touch lighter and more beige than my true skintone, but I think this is as good as it's gonna get.

Anyway, pray that my skin goes back to normal before winter gets here.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9