Dining Out: Seafood Pajeon and Jjajangmyeon at Nakwon

on
Monday, October 31, 2022
Since it's gloomy and raining outside, I thought I'd go for some Korean comfort food for dinner with my mom. We decided to go to Nakwon since it's close by and there was no wait for a table.

Seafood pajeon

Jjajangmyeon

Gamjatang for my mom, jjajangmyeon for me, and a seafood pajeon to share. Now, aside from the Korean BBQ I had there with Carmen a couple months ago, I hadn't eaten there in years so I don't remember if it was always this disappointing, but I suppose there's a reason I hadn't returned in over a decade. Honestly, everything was mediocre at best, and now we know why every other table was having Korean BBQ instead. The portions are good, but my jjajangmyeon was incredibly bland, and the pajeon was super starchy and not nearly crispy enough (plus they make the grave mistake of using imitation crab). I mean, they're fairly priced, but frankly, with so many other Korean restaurants in the area now (Jin Korean Noodles and Eunhasu are both literally five minutes down the street), there's just no point in returning. 


Nakwon
3225 Highway 7, Unit 3
Markham, ON L3R 3P3
(905) 604-2471
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9