Friday Five: Four months

on
Friday, August 26, 2022
This week's Friday Five:

  1. How good are you at wrapping gifts? I'd like to think better than average. I mean, I'm not stellar or professional by any means, but I did work in retail for 15 years which came with quite a lot of gift-wrapping, so I do have some experience.

  2. When are you likely to begin your Christmas shopping this year? I don't really celebrate Christmas, so I never have a set Christmas shopping list, but for a couple friends and my immediate family, we usually agree to do some kind of holiday gift exchange. I usually start shopping maybe 2 weeks to a month in advance, depending on what I've decided to gift (some things are available online only, for example, so I do have to take into account shipping times).

  3. How do you feel about candy canes? Totally indifferent. I don't hate them, but I don't go out of my way to eat them, either. Although, generally, if I want something minty, I'll just eat a mint, and if I want candy, I don't really want mint-flavoured candy... 

  4. Have you been naughty or nice this year? I lean towards nice. But like, my wallet's been pretty naughty...

  5. In what way was today most December-like? I mean, I guess it's been getting a little colder at night, but like, I don't consider 20℃ to be remotely December-like. Maybe all the sales going on right now?

2 comments on "Friday Five: Four months"
  1. Yeah it was working in retail that turned me into a decent giftwrapper. I'm still not great, but I'm quite good for a guy. I get compliments all the time. "You wrap nicely!" "You mean for a guy?" "Yeah!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, you just wrap nicely. Not for a guy. Just as a person in general. I've seen plenty of men who wrap gifts really well, and even at those gift wrapping stations they have at malls during the holidays, a lot of the employees there are men. And they kick my ass at gift wrapping.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9