Friday Five: Chocolate-covered mothballs: they always satisfy!

on
Friday, March 11, 2022
This week's Friday Five:
  1. How did you have it your way this week? Ying finally convinced her husband to let her go to Vegas with me to see BTS! I managed to buy tickets for us after a very long, painful queue with Ticketmaster, and then when she asked her husband, he wouldn't allow her to because of the cost and for safety reasons. But after three weeks of sheer perseverance (e.g. begging, silent treatment, and guilt-tripping), he finally agreed!

    I was getting stressed because I could not find anyone to go with me, whether it was due to time, money, or convenience (the concert is during Easter weekend and flights are insanely expensive from Toronto to Las Vegas right now), but I also didn't want to give up the tickets because a) I actually got them (all four BTS shows in Vegas sold out within first day of the ARMY presale — currently the resell value for my tickets are $900+ USD each), b) I am hell-bent on seeing BTS live because their Map of the Soul Tour got cancelled and I couldn't go to their LA shows last December, and c) who knows when they'll actually go on a tour again before their military enlistment? So, yes, the stars finally aligned and I got my way! Now we can finally book our flights and hotel room!

  2. Where do you want to go today? I want to go to Seoul to watch Day 2 of BTS' Permission to Dance: On Stage in Seoul in person, but alas, that is not an option. So I will go with where I need to go to today, which is the Nespresso store. Because I am running out of coffee and that is very, very dangerous.

  3. How have you recently taken a licking but kept on ticking? I mean, Canadian winters always give us a licking because IT WON'T STOP SNOWING, but hey, we just have to deal.

  4. In what manner are you thinking different(ly) these days? With the announcement of the mask mandate being lifted in Ontario on March 21, and with the government also removing capacity limits and proof of vaccination mandates earlier this month, I am beginning to get cautiously optimistic that things will return back to pre-COVID times soon. It's why I'm not hesitating to go to Vegas next month. I haven't left the city in over 2 years out of paranoia, but I got my booster shot and I'm good about wearing masks and washing my hands and sanitizing everything, so I've done all I can. I can't care anymore.

  5. This weekend, how will you indulge because you're worth it? Well, tomorrow, I'm going with Ying to watch the live-viewing of BTS' Permission to Dance: On Stage in Seoul at the movie theatre. And then on Sunday, we're planning to go downtown for a BTS birthday cup sleeve event for Suga and then meet up with my friend Austin for a late lunch because I haven't seen him in over three years. I have a surprisingly eventful weekend coming up.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9