Photolog 2021: Day 289 of 365

on
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Caramelized onion burger with baked cauliflower frites

Since Ying is still out of commission with her broken ankle, our Saturday McDonald's Drive-Thru Tradition is on hiatus for now. So I cooked one of my Hello Fresh kits for tonight's dinner: Caramelized onion burger with garlic aioli and baked cauliflower frites. The burger was, of course, delicious. You can't go wrong with caramelized onions on burgers. This one had the brilliant harmonization of the balsamic vinegar tang in the onions and the savoury creaminess of the garlic aioli. Topped with spinach to give it freshness and bite (and like, half a vegetable serving). 

However, what was really notable was the pairing of the burger with cauliflower frites. Just as I was shocked at the simple brilliance of roasted broccoli, I was DELIGHTED with these crispy cauliflower frites. (Which I shamelessly cooked in the air fryer instead of the oven. They came out perfectly.) Tossing them in garlic aioli and breadcrumbs made them insanely addictive. So I'm gonna have to buy more cauliflower now, too, and interchange them with roasted broccoli to get all my vegetable servings in. Man, that air fryer is looking to be my smartest appliance purchase yet.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9