Friday Five: Yuputka!

on
Friday, October 29, 2021
This week's Friday Five:
  1. Iktsuarpok is Inuit for that feeling of anticipation when you're waiting for someone to show up at your house and you keep going outside to see if they're there yet. Who last invoked iktsuarpok in you? Well, when I lived in a house (before I moved into my condo last year), it was the Canada Post mailman, who drove straight to the house to deliver packages. 

  2. Georgians call it shemomedjamo when you're really full, but your meal is just so delicious, you can't stop eating it. When did you memorably shemomedjamoA couple of weeks ago, when Ying and I went to Daldongnae for Korean BBQ

  3. Zhaghzhagh is Persian for the chattering of teeth from the cold or from rage. When were you last so cold (or so enraged) you experienced zhaghzhaghA couple of days ago. It was around 7℃, and I did not bring sufficient outerwear to work. Let's just say I have never smoked so fast.

  4. A bilita mpash in Bantu is the opposite of a nightmare: an amazing dream. Whenever a dream question shows up in memes, half the respondents say they don't remember their dreams, but here we go anyway. What is one bilita mpash you remember? I had a dream a couple months ago where I was laying in bed and Kim Taehyung ran into my bedroom all of a sudden. He was frantic and needed a place to hide. Of course, I agreed that he could use my apartment, because if a member of BTS shows up in your room asking for help, you always say yes. He decided to hop into my bed with me and hide under the blanket. (It was not sexual at all, by the way.) And that's when I woke up. There are still so many unanswered questions from this dream: How did he get into my apartment? Who or what was he hiding from? Why was he in Canada, much less a suburb of the Greater Toronto Area? Where were the rest of his members? Why did he think under a blanket would make a good hiding place? How did I even understand anything when there were no actual words exchange? (And even if there were, we don't speak the same language.) Anyway, it's not so much an amazing dream as it was an extremely memorable one, to the point where I still remember it in vivid detail after so long.

  5. In Thailand, the feeling you get when you don't want someone to do something for you because it would be a pain for them is greng-jai. When did you recently resist greng-jai and ask someone anyway? Last week. My mom was going to Costco so I asked her to pick up some stuff for me, like probiotics, Omega-3s, contact lens solution, etc. What I didn't expect was for her to call and offer to drop the stuff off at my apartment. I felt bad because she hates driving and I was planning on picking up the stuff from her, anyway. So even though I didn't technically ask her to deliver the shopping to me, I knew it would still be a pain for her and accepted it, anyway.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9