Friday Five: Self-care

on
Friday, May 7, 2021
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What have you done lately for improving or maintaining your mental health? What more would you like to do? Buying BTS merch. (Seriously, it does wonders for my mood.) I would like to take more walks, though, especially now that the weather is getting nicer. Frankly, I just really need the exercise.

  2. When did you last eat something specifically because it was good for you? I added two cups of broccoli and peas to my pasta tonight because I was like, "No, Denise, you can't just eat carbs and meat." That having been said, though, I eat salads everyday for lunch now. I figured because I get nearly no exercise these days, I should cut back on my fat and caloric intake. So I basically eat the same salad everyday: garden or spring green mix, tomato, cucumber, a hard-boiled egg or avocado, and grilled chicken breast with fat-free Italian dressing. It makes me feel a lot less guilty for my weekly McDonald's fix.

  3. These days, what are you learning about, and what would you like to learn about next? I've been learning about cooking by watching Binging with Babish. I want to learn about baking next, but you know, I can barely cook as it is. So, baby steps.

  4. What's positive about your physical appearance lately? I have noticed that my jawline is slightly slimmer and my chin is getting a little sharper. Those daily salads must be working.

  5. What will you do this weekend to bring joy into your life and a smile to someone else? I will go to the McDonald's drive-thru with Ying on Saturday. I will probably also visit my mom on Sunday for Mother's Day and buy us dinner.
4 comments on "Friday Five: Self-care"
  1. Aw man. I remember when my jawline started to appear. It made me feel so good! That was a few years ago and it's gone now. But this reminds me that I could probably make it happen again.

    I do know where the Korean corn dogs are! They're in my parents' neighborhood but I haven't braved that mall yet. The huge mall near my office used to have a Korean corn dog stand but I never tried it and now it's gone. That mall is open-air. Anyway I'll give them a try soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! I give myself one cheat day a week (sometimes two if I'm feeling cheeky), but I eat like, half the amount of carbs that I used to because I started eating salads instead of sandwiches for lunch. Surprisingly, I'm not sick of it yet. It's what I did a couple years ago when I got diagnosed with hypertension and diabetes because all of a sudden, I had to be really aware of how much sugar and sodium I was having. I lost 10 pounds without even realizing it.

      Surprisingly, there are no Korean corn dogs to be found in our malls here. All of them are in stand-alone stores, which works out better during a pandemic, anyway. But I hope you get to try them soon! Have you gotten your second vaccination yet??

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm nearly six weeks past my second vaccination, so I've gradually taken more steps out of the house. It's still a little stressful, but I'm feeling okay. Ish. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'm glad you got your second vaccination! I'm still waiting to get my first vaccination. I'm actually eligible now but there are no clinics/hospitals/community centres within a 20km radius that have any available appointments, which is quite annoying. My parents can't get their second vaccinations until July, I think. Either way, Ontario is still in lockdown with a stay-at-home order, so it's not like we're going anywhere, anyway. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9