Friday Five: Aca-scuse me?

on
Friday, April 16, 2021
This week's Friday Five:
  1. In what way have you recently been rebellious? Technically, we are in lockdown with a stay-at-home order (that just got stricter today)... but I still go to the McDonald's drive-thru on Saturdays with Ying. (Don't judge me, I live by myself, we both work from home, and if I don't leave the house at least once a week, I WILL GO CRAZY.)

  2. What fond memories do you have of camping out? None, I've never been camping. Not even pretend camping in the backyard when I was a kid.

  3. When did you last have a snow cone, or something similar? Probably the chocolate strawberry bingsu I had three years ago. I don't eat a ton of shaved ice desserts in general. Also now I'm trying to remember if I've ever had a snow cone...

  4. Where do you have difficulty fitting in? Where do you easily fit in? I have difficulty fitting in with people who have kids. I mean, not all of them (Ying, one of my closest friends, is a parent), but when I'm in gatherings where there are lots of parents. I have nothing to contribute and I don't like kids. On the flip side, I fit in easily with ARMY. Obviously. BTS brings people together.

  5. How do you feel about banannas? I love them with peanut butter or Nutella on Eggos or toast, or on cereal, or in smoothies... but I actually don't eat them as is. Still, I gotta watch how many bananas I consume anyway, because they have so much sugar. I can eat like, two per week, max.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Aca-scuse me?"
  1. I know what you mean about the kids thing. I've actually avoided get-togethers with my high-school classmates (in the days when people still got together), guys I've been friends with for decades, when someone comes back for a visit from a home on the continent. I hate missing out, but they've all got kids and the talk and attention are all about the kids, when all I want is to be with my friends and talk about friends stuff. Selfish, I know.

    Crushed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly enough, I don't think it's selfish at all, but maybe because I'm in the same boat. But still, they talk about their lives, so we should be able to as well. It reminds me of an episode of Sex and the City, where Carrie keeps getting invited to weddings and baby showers; she always goes to celebrate her friends' milestones, but she gets shafted because she's single. So she decides to celebrate herself. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9