Photolog 2021: Day 66 of 365

on
Sunday, March 7, 2021
My friend Chelsea asked me if I could to do her makeup and take some headshots for her new job this afternoon, so she invited me for dinner as well. On tonight's menu: baked cabbage rolls stuffed with beef, pork, and rice in a tomato-based sauce topped with sour cream. It was my first time having cabbage rolls and HOLY SHIT, THEY ARE SO GOOD. (I ate four. Probably could've eaten a fifth but I wanted to have room for dessert.) I don't know how it took me 34 years to try cabbage rolls considering how they're such a staple food for so many countries, but I'll have to see if I can find these at a restaurant around here so I don't have to ask Chelsea to make them for me all the time. (What, you think I'm gonna make my own? I don't even know how to turn on the oven.)
 
Cabbage rolls with pork, beef, and rice in tomato sauce

Apple crumble with maple walnut ice cream

Chelsea also made an incredible apple crumble for dessert, which we topped with Kawartha Dairy Maple Walnut ice cream (my choice — make fun of my "old lady" tastes all you want, but maple walnut is FUCKING DELICIOUS), and man, it was honestly the best ending to a fantastic meal. Plus, Chelsea sent me home with leftovers, so I have cabbage rolls and apple crumble for dinner tomorrow, too. 🤘🏼

(Maybe it's time to figure out how to turn on my oven...)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9