Friday Five: Ohio

on
Friday, October 30, 2020
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What starts off difficult but gets easier? A job. (Of course, when it gets truly easy, that means it's time to gun for a promotion.)

  2. What's exciting in the beginning and end, but dull in the middle? Long flights. 

  3. What's delicious at first but progressively worse as you go along? Chocolate and anything chocolate-flavoured. 

  4. What makes you feel terrible while you're doing it but great when you're done? Cleaning.

  5. What did you once do quickly but now do slowly? Fall asleep.
3 comments on "Friday Five: Ohio"
  1. Good answers on 3 and 4. Totally in agreement. For me the chocolate thing happens really quickly, except for chocolate milk which I could drink all day.

    No special Halloween snacks. I'm not much of a candy buy, most of the time. Kind of sticking to chips lately, and with current events as they are, I've been having a LOT of them. :s

    Blue cheese takes a bit of getting used to, I think. I've always been meh about it, but lately I'm enjoying it, if for no reason other than its novelty, something different in my kitchen to keep me from getting bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had chocolate milk in a long time (not because I don't like it but because milk has just generally never been my drink of choice and chocolate milk has a lot of sugar in it and if I'm gonna have that much sugar, why drink chocolate milk when there's bubble tea, you know?), but I agree. I think it's just the concentration of chocolate. Like, pure chocolate, I can have one or two squares and that's more than enough, otherwise I start to feel sickly. But if it's diluted enough - for example, mocha desserts or coated over wafers (like KitKat or Coffee Crisp) - it's something I can enjoy.

      Chips > candy, always. And I hear you, I would be stress eating, too. :P

      I've tried blue cheese a few times and while I like it in sauces or crumbled into salads, I can't seem to get into it on its own. It's just a bit too pungent. But I think the right combination would taste great, like honey or fig jam or something. I guess it depends on how strong the cheese is, too. Any suggestions on milder blue cheeses for rookies? :)

      Delete
    2. I'm too new at this to recommend anything. I don't know what I'm buying when I buy it, to be honest. Just grabbing something that looks interesting and seeing what it's like. :) But if I come across something now I'll pass the info along.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9