Friday Five: Polarity

on
Friday, August 7, 2020
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What are the dumbest and smartest things you did this week? Dumbest: Pre-ordering BTS' The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: The Notes 2 in not just English, but also Korean and Japanese — even though I can't read those languages and thus won't read those versions — just because I had bought The Notes 1 in a set that came in those three languages and I knew I would be annoyed at myself for not matching it with The Notes 2. In short: Spending money on things I won't use and don't need, but bought anyway just because I'm a BTS merch collector and need my collections to be complete and aesthetically pleasing. Smartest? Deciding to eat dinner at Fat Ninja Bite yesterday.

  2. What are the worst and best things you ate this week? Worst: My mother decided to cook bitter melon pan-fried in egg, and suffice it to say, it did not turn out well. Might have been the worst thing I've eaten this year. She actually laughed because it turned out so bad. Best thing I ate this week was obviously the tonkatsu burger I got at Fat Ninja Bite yesterday.

  3. When this week were you unhappiest and when were you happiest? Unhappiest: At work on Tuesday and Wednesday. The first five days of the month are the busiest at the bank, and add to that a full moon, you get some very complicated, very annoying customers. Happiest: Yesterday, today, and the next three days, because I'm a smart cookie and added two vacation days to my days off next week and made myself a long weekend. Plus, my day owing from the Civic Holiday this past Monday was coincidentally scheduled for Thursday, so I got myself five days off in a row. 

  4. What did you have too much of this week, and what did you have not enough of? This week, I sat way too much and didn't walk enough. Gonna try to get in more exercise this weekend since the weather's really nice and I actually have the time.

  5. What are you dreading in the next seven days, and what are you eagerly anticipating? I'm already dreading going back to work on Tuesday, which will be made extra hard after having five days off in a row. I'm eagerly anticipating the teaser photos that BTS is releasing for "Dynamite," and whatever BigHit is planning to release for TinyTAN.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Polarity"
  1. Man, when I saw that tonkatsu burger in your IG I was super jealous. For some reason the shredded cabbage was the kicker -- like it wasn't just trying to be tonkatsu on bread, but like a tonkatsu meal you eat with your hands. During all this stay-home stuff, I've found Japanese takeout to be the toughest to get. I think all the good spots aren't a convenient drive from my house or something.

    Okay, my rankings of the Route 11 chips, which I may post on IG:
    1. Lightly salted -- the potato flavor and crunch are sooo good.
    2. Sour cream and chive -- a clear step above your standard sour cream & onion chips.
    3. Dill pickle
    4. Mama Zuma's Revenge
    5. Salt & pepper
    6. Salt & vinegar
    7. Cheseapeake crab
    8. Barbeque

    None of them were bad, but 5 through 8 were unremarkable. 4 was above average. 2 and 3 were very good. 1 was outstanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tonkatsu burger was so goddamn good, it's actually on my Top 5 list right now. It was the addition of the pickles and special sauce that did it for me. But you're right, it's literally a perfect fusion between a burger and a tonkatsu meal, which is never complete without the cabbage. :)

      A fair assessment of the chips. I find that a truly good chip should be excellent with just salt, kinda like how the mark of a truly good pizza place is in the quality of their margherita pizza. Still, disappointed that the crab flavour wasn't good 'cause it sounded so interesting!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9