Friday Five: Getting it back together

on
Friday, May 8, 2020
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What instrument in an orchestra would you least like to play professionally? As someone who played first violin in an orchestra for seven years, I'm gonna go ahead and say viola.

  2. How long would it take you to find a rubber band wherever you are now? About five seconds, since right behind me is a drawer full of BTS posters and half of them are rubber banded.

  3. In your area, what's the name of a local band you like? Die Mannequin and Metric. (I would say Alexisonfire, but they're technically from St. Catharines, which is just an hour too far to call them local.)



  4. How good was your high school band? Pretty good, from what I remember. I didn't pay as much attention to band, though, 'cause I was in orchestra.

  5. Of bands whose names are listed like Joan Jett and the Blackhearts or Neil Young and Crazy Horse, who's got the best name? Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Or Margot & the Nuclear So and So's.


2 comments on "Friday Five: Getting it back together"
  1. Margot and the Nuclear So and So's is pretty dang good. :) I mean as a name. And wow, you were a first chair violin? When's the last time you played the instrument?

    It's taken me until today to finish the tiramisu Oreos. Next up are either carrot cake Oreos or tortilla chips and salsa. Either will last me more than a week, probably. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their music is pretty good, too. :) Give 'em a listen!

      Yeah, I was first violinist for a long time. I didn't join the string quartet, though. The last time I played was when I was maybe 19? I was in university by then, though, so not in an orchestra - just took private lessons at that point. But I was so focused on school that I chose to quit. So, about 15 years ago! Don't remember a dang thing now, lol. If you gave me a violin now, my fingers would probably have some muscle memory, though.

      The carrot cake Oreos are my favourite Oreo, an excellent choice. :) I got myself some Miss Vickie's kettle chips this week - Sweet Chili & Sour Cream and Sour Cream & Caramelized Onion. :9

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9