Photolog 2019: Day 359 of 365

on
Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Merry Christmas! I woke up at 3:00PM 'cause I stayed up until 7:30AM watching BTS perform on SBS Gayo Daejeon (and WOW, THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT), and then I made some coffee, had a smoke, and proceeded to open Christmas gifts. (I received most of these last week, but I saved them to open today 'cause that's what people do on Christmas, right?)


After griping for over a year that Sephora stopped carrying 100ml bottles of Fresh's perfumes and that I could only get them at Fresh stores in the US now, my friend Viv was at Nordstrom one day, noticed that they had a Fresh counter there, and saw that not only were they carrying the Fresh boutique exclusive perfumes, but all of their perfumes in 100ml! Because I never go to Nordstrom, I didn't realize that they even had Fresh counters in there, but she picked up a 100ml bottle of my beloved, most favourite, ride-or-die Sugar Lychee for me for Christmas because SHE IS AN ANGEL. And now I know I can get it from Nordstrom here instead of having to buy three bottles when I go to NYC!


My friend Maegan, who knows I am a KitKat fiend, was at Yorkdale doing her Christmas shopping and saw that they opened up a Kit Kat Chocolatory, the first and only one in Canada. You can go there to make your own custom KitKat, but they also offer a bunch of limited edition Chocolatory flavours, so she got me not one, not two, but seven of them. She got me four of the Canadian exclusives — Delightfully, Coffee & Donuts, Seriously, Blueberry Streusel, Whoa, White Cranberry, and Totally, Butter Tart — along with a 'First Edition' one called KitKat Gold (described as "a rich, caramelized, white chocolate"), a 'Mystery Flavour' one (you're not supposed to know what flavour it is until you open it, but when I read the ingredients, it includes both butterscotch toffee and maple flakes, so I'm guessing it's maple syrup flavour), and a 'Celebration Edition' one called Have Your Cake! (which is birthday cake white chocolate with sprinkles). I am gonna need some hardcore self-control, 'cause WOW, THAT IS A LOT OF SUGAR, but still, I AM SO EXCITED TO TRY THESE.


My mom watched a report on the news that said putting a humidifier in your room decreases the chances of getting the flu by 60%. So, um, she got me a humidifier. (But hey, it's cute and sleek!) She also got me a pair of my favourite Roots sweatpants, plus a bunch of staple body products that she knows I'm not allergic to. So not the most exciting gifts, but entirely practical. Such a mom thing to do, no?


My friend Ying, a fellow ARMY, got me the adorable House of BTS Pop-Up Store Holiday Mug and a pack of BTS UNO cards! Serious kudos to her for investigating what BTS merch I don't already have, and doing it so stealthily, too. It's risky business buying me BTS merch at all because I own so much of it already, so she did well! (Have I mentioned how much I love having an IRL ARMY friend?)


Speaking of BTS, Chelsea got me two boxes of my favourite Mediheal x BTS face sheet masks (both the Brightening Care set and the Hydrating Moisture Care set, 'cause she knew I was running out), plus a pair of flannel pants from Uniqlo (because it's her family tradition to get new pajama pants for Christmas), and a tube of my favourite Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve (which I was also running out of, so this worked out beautifully). Not gonna lie, I got a pretty good haul this year! In fact, I'm surprised that I actually got so many Christmas gifts because I don't really celebrate Christmas. Like, my family gives me money, and I used to partake in an annual Secret Santa at work (we had decided not to do one this year because our manager is Satan and no one wanted to include her, and one rule of Secret Santa is that we include everyone or no one at all), and Chelsea and I would give each other gifts, but that was it. Maybe everyone is trying to make up for the ultra-shitty year by being extra festive and fun this Christmas? Like, I wasn't gonna do gift exchange at all and then found myself buying gifts for a bunch of people. Not complaining, though! It was actually really nice to open presents today and I'm excited about everything I received! I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas (or, at the very least, a great day off)! 🎄🎄🎄
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9