Photolog 2019: Day 354 of 365

on
Friday, December 20, 2019
Shrimp cocktail salad

Lobster chowder soup

New Zealand rack of lamb

Banana crunch cake

Dinner with my dad and half-sister tonight. They're leaving for Hong Kong this weekend, so my dad wanted to have a Christmas dinner together beforehand. As per tradition, we went to Maxim Restaurant, where we've been going every Christmas for nearly two decades. They were initially known for their cakes, but they actually have a full menu of continental-inspired dishes that are always beautifully executed. Their à la carte menu is on the pricier end, but they do set meals that are actually incredible value for the quality, which is why my family has loved going there since I was a kid. On today's menu: Shrimp cocktail salad and lobster chowder with crusty bread to start; a perfectly cooked medium-rare, pan-seared New Zealand rack of lamb with mashed potatoes and veg as my main course; and house-made banana crunch cake and coffee for dessert. All of that for $42, plus tax and tip. Seriously, I'm never disappointed. It's one of the dinners I look forward to most during the holidays. Good thing, too, since I'll probably go there every Christmas until I die. (Or until they close up shop. Whichever one comes first.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9