Photolog 2019: Day 309 of 365

on
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Rice Powder Korean Fried Chicken

Honey Butter Korean Fried Chicken

Kimchi Bacon Cheese Fries

Had a BTS day with my fellow ARMY friend, Ying! Basically, we hunkered down in my house to watch The Wings Tour: 2017 BTS Live Trilogy Episode III in Seoul on DVD, which is a three hour extravaganza in itself, plus the commentary, interviews, and special features, which is another two hours. So it pretty much takes up a whole (glorious) afternoon and evening. Of course, by the time it was over, we were starving. And a BTS day wouldn't be complete without having Korean fried chicken. So we went to Mr. ChiMaek and got an order of half and half chicken — rice powder fried chicken and honey butter fried chicken — plus the kimchi bacon cheese fries. The rice powder fried chicken is, as usual, a very reliably delicious choice, but the honey butter fried chicken was actually somewhat disappointing. I was expecting it to have sauce, for some reason. (I think the word "honey" tricked me into thinking it'd be more like honey garlic wings...) Instead, they use the same powder that you'd find on Honey Butter Chips, so it has that savoury sweetness to it that I love in chip form, but not so much on chicken. It was decent, but I probably wouldn't order it again. The kimchi fries also aren't my favourite here because the cheese isn't melted enough and there's not enough kimchi, but Ying wanted them so I agreed, 'cause in the end, they're still fries and I love fries. But I would get the tteokbokki next time as my choice of carb. (Also 'cause tteokbokki and fried chicken just go so well together.) Still, I'd say our BTS day was a success. We're thinking of having one every month now which, quite frankly, is a splendid idea.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9