Photolog 2019: Day 221 of 365

on
Friday, August 9, 2019

On a hunt for a tasty late-night dinner, Jason took us to a "secret spot" for the "best beef noodles" at the aptly named Beef Noodle Restaurant. I already had braised beef noodles this week, and though they hit the spot, they're not exactly authentic nor the pride of Richmond Court (which is a Cantonese restaurant), so I was excited to try this place. But as soon as we got there, I realized that Jason had taken us to the very place where I had my first ever bowl of braised beef noodles back in the early '90s. My parents used to take us there every Saturday after kung fu class and eating braised beef noodle soup there was honestly the highlight of my Saturdays growing up. I literally hadn't been back in over 20 years because I rarely venture into this part of Scarborough, but man, I forgot just how phenomenal the beef noodles are here. The broth is flavourful with just the right amount of spice, the noodles have the ideal thickness with an excellent chew, the beef is tender and juicy and plentiful, and the bok choy is crunchy and sweet. The textures and flavours of each component work so well together, and the ratio of noodle to beef to vegetable to broth is perfect. Now that I've had them again, I can honestly say that they make my favourite iteration of the dish. There's a reason why this place is still open with the exact same menu and exact same decor even 29 years later.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9