Photolog 2019: Day 102 of 365

on
Friday, April 12, 2019

It's finally comeback day! I've been streaming BTS' Map of the Soul: Persona and the "Boy With Luv" MV since 5:00 AM. I have done about 12 rotations now, and I gotta say, with no exaggeration, that this EP is the only BTS album in which every single song is a non-skip. That is to say, there is not a single song on here that I don't absolutely love. To the point where I still can't choose a favourite. Each song has a distinct vibe; they are all catchy in their own ways and fit my moods differently.

"Intro: Persona" is a rock-rap anthem that gives off feelings of self-empowerment. "Boy With Luv" is the ultimate pop song with the catchiest melody and an ear worm of a hook that will be likely stuck in my head for the foreseeable future. "Mikrokosmos" is a great cruising-in-the-car-with-my-friends tune that gives off '80s synth pop vibes. "Make It Right" is the Ed Sheeran collab with refined instrumental beats and beautiful harmonies from the vocal line. "HOME" has a slick, sexy groove that gives off late '90s R&B vibes. "Jamais vu" is the ballad of this EP, featuring the unique subunit of J-Hope, Jin, and Jungkook, that shows off each member's vocal abilities while also simultaneously making me feel introspective. Finally, "Dionysus," the song that I previously mentioned would be epic if only because my own name is derived from the Greek god's, is actually a banger of a song, incorporating party anthem hip-hop and guitar-heavy rock that gives off badass, swagger-y vibes. Impressively, each song flows cohesively into the next one so that no genre sounds out of place. But most of all, all the lyrics read like love letter poetry, dedicated just to ARMYs, and you can literally hear the sincerity and gratitude that BTS has for us.

I cannot wait to hear these live.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9