Friday Five: QotD

on
Friday, February 15, 2019
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What kind of drunk are you? My body doesn't seem to metabolize alcohol, so I'm a totally-sober-for-the-first-three-hours-but-blacked-out-after-four kind of drunk. Hence, I don't drink.

  2. What's one of your language-related pet peeves? Using 'of' instead of 'have.' Like, there is no "should of." It is "should've," as in "should have."

  3. What would be a good question to ask people you've just met, if what you really want to know is what they're passionate about? You know, an alternative to "What do you do?" or "How do you know so-and-so?" Using "Tell me about..." instead of a question. I use this a lot at work with my clients. It creates more of an emotional connection with the person you're talking to, so they feel more open with you.

  4. When you get home super tired and super hungry, do you usually eat first or sleep first? Eat first. I'll just make something really fast, usually a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. And then I'll pass out in bed.

  5. You're taking an exam. You aren't sure about the answer to question 5, but you know it's either "lions" or "tigers." You get to question 11 and realize whatever the answer to 5 is, 11 is the other answer. Do you write "lions" as your answer to 5 and 11, thereby ensuring you'll get one of them right? Or do you write "lions" for 5 and "tigers" for 11, risking two wrong answers but giving you a chance at two right ones? I've never been in this type of situation where it came down to these two probabilities in an exam, but I suppose I'd write "lions" as my answer to both questions. I don't make high-risk investments.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9