BTS at 2018 MAMA in Hong Kong: Artist of the Year Award Speech

on
Friday, December 14, 2018

I woke up at 6:00 AM after two hours of sleep to watch MAMA in Hong Kong live. I don't think I have ever been such a diligent and dedicated fan to anyone or anything until BTS came into my life. It was an epic event, with BTS winning five awards tonight, including two Daesang (Grand Prize) for Artist of the Year and Album of the Year. MAMA ended at 10:45 AM (11:45 PM HKT) with BTS' speech for winning Artist of the Year, and I, along with BTS (and probably every other ARMY watching), bawled my fucking eyes out. We can see all the hard work and exhaustion and pressure they had to face this year, and even without translations, you can hear the sincerity and vulnerability behind each word. The thought of them disbanding actually makes my heart hurt and it's made me realize how much Bangtan is really like family to me now. It sounds lame and ridiculous, that I could feel so close to these seven boys who I've never met, but they've become my ultimate comfort, the people I escape to from life and work. They're with me in good times and bad, and as loyal as I have been to them, they have been loyal to me. When the time comes for them to disband, it will feel worse than a divorce; it will be like a death in the family, and I know all ARMYs will feel it. Even re-watching this now, I'm tearing up. I genuinely hope these boys get the happiness and rest they deserve. My sincere congratulations to BTS on their remarkable achievements this year.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9