Saturday Nine: Alfred Hitchcock Presents Theme (1955)

on
Saturday, October 27, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:

You can hear this week's song here.
  1. The Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock, was born in England. Name another pop culture contribution England has made. The Beatles, Harry Potter, James Bond, Queen, David Bowie, Spice Girls... There are too many.

  2. This week's song is recognized as the theme to Hitchcock's long-running TV show, but "Funeral March for a Marionnette" is a classic piece written for piano in the late 1870s by Charles Gounod. Do you often listen to classical music? Not often, but I do appreciate it.

  3. Janet Leigh's shower scene in Hitchcock's Psycho is considered one of the scariest sequences ever filmed. What's the most frightening movie you've ever seen? I'm not a fan of horror movies so I haven't watched a lot of them, and it might not be considered that frightening anymore, but the original It scared the fucking shit out of me when I was 11 and it continued to haunt me for like, a year after that. (Seriously, I had to sleep on a mattress set right next to my mom for like, six months.)

  4. Hitchcock admitted that he "never trusted birds," and he took that fear and turned it into the movie, The Birds. Is there a member of the animal kingdom that just gives you "the creeps"? Insects in general. They literally creep.

  5. Halloween will soon be upon us. Will you carve a jack o' lantern this year? No. I never do.

  6. What candy will trick-or-treaters get at your house? None, I live in a gated community so we don't get trick-or-treaters.

  7. When you went trick-or-treating, did you prefer fantasy costumes (like a storybook character) or scary ones (like a monster)? Neither. I was a cat every single year because I already had the ears and all my mom had to do was draw a nose and whiskers on my face with a black eyeliner pencil.

  8. Which candy was your favourite? Which one were you disappointed to find in your trick-or-treat bag? Favourite was Coffee Crisp (and still is to this day). I was always disappointed to find black liquorice and boxes of raisins. (Like, what kind of douche bag do you to have to be to give out fucking raisins to trick-or-treaters?)

  9. Which do you find scarier — cemeteries or haunted houses? Haunted houses. I will not step foot in one, that's for damn sure. I don't fuck with that shit.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9