Photolog 2018: Day 261 of 365

on
Tuesday, September 18, 2018

I had to. It's National Cheeseburger Day!
2 comments on "Photolog 2018: Day 261 of 365"
  1. Cheeseburger Day. I participated and did not even know it!

    Stopped at Nite Owl Drive In on the way to work. (They're only open from 10:00AM "until we run out of meat" which can be as early as 2:00PM. And no carhops for the past forty years so not a drive in anymore.) Lettuce, tomato, pickles and I keep a "bottle" of Kewpie in my purse for mayonnaise emergencies.

    You and I participate on Scrivener's Friday Five. I am 勝美. I began following you because of your make up knowledge and food exploits. And sense of humor. (I know - I type with an American accent.)

    Reason for contacting: Still considering storage methods for lipstick?

    I am a perfumista. That means swapping lots of fragrances decanted into small atomizer vials from fellow perfumistas.

    To keep things organized, I use ammo boxes. Uh huh. As in guns. And "Battleship notation". Guerlain Vetiver, A1. Guerlain Mitsouko, A2. Guerlain Djedi, A3. Make a spreadsheet and find anything within seconds.

    With lipstick, you'll need a higher caliber. The sporting goods department should have 10 gauge 3½" high velocity twenty-five shell shotgun ammo "keepers" (storage containers) but 12 gauge is the reigning standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Funnily enough, I never comment, but I read your blog, too! I love your witty and comedic observations on the minutiae of everyday life. :)

      As far as emergencies go, mayonnaise is definitely one of the best ones to have.

      I'm not really considering lipstick storage right now because I just threw out about 500 lipsticks in a crazy spring purge (and am currently on a makeup ban), but it's good to know about those ammo boxes. That having been said, I'm not sure where I can even get ammo boxes here. Maybe Bass Pro Shop; I know they sell hunting gear. Either way, excellent tip. Will look into it when I move next year!

      Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9