Photolog 2018: Day 127 of 365

on
Monday, May 7, 2018

So, BTS Love Yourself World Tour tickets for Hamilton went on sale today. I knew that it was going to be like the Hunger Games trying to get tickets, especially after Saturday's ticket sale for Newark, for which neither me nor my brother (on a total of four devices, me being here in Toronto and him being in NYC) could get tickets for either date through Ticketmaster. He did end up getting GA tickets for me through Vivid Seats for a very hefty price tag, but we won't know if they're real, valid tickets until we get them delivered (as is always the risk of going through a ticket reseller site). Furthermore, Powerhouse announced that tickets purchased through authorized ticket outlets (e.g. Ticketmaster and Powerhouse) will be checked for "potential scalping activity" before tickets are delivered, and if their system determines that tickets were purchased by scalpers or bots, those tickets will be cancelled and returned to the ticketing system for the general public. But seeing as we don't know who the seller is through Vivid Seats, there is a chance that our tickets will be cancelled (the chances of sellers on reseller sites being scalpers/bots are generally high). So, it was more important for me to get legitimate, verified tickets through Ticketmaster for Hamilton.

I was on Ticketmaster on a total of three devices (my laptop and iPad using my WiFi, and my phone using data) for about 2.5 hours. Standard tickets for all three dates were sold out within the hour, if that. I wouldn't know, really, because every time I tried to get any of the standard tickets, I would get a message saying they were "securing" my tickets and then after waiting over 20 minutes each time, I'd get a message that said that another fan already got them. This was incredibly frustrating and disappointing, to say the least. At this point, I didn't even care about the price point. I tried about eight times to get different Platinum seating tickets, and even those were unavailable. Finally, finally, the Ticketmaster session on my phone got through to the payment option page. The tickets are three times the standard ticket price, but I didn't even hesitate. And thus, I got second row seats in a P1 lower bowl level for Sunday, September 23.

Now I am going to go have a very, very long nap because all of my energy is drained.
1 comment on "Photolog 2018: Day 127 of 365"
  1. Wooo we got Sunday tix too! Now the waiting game begins... #4.5monthstogo

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9