Saturday Nine: Man in Black (1971)

on
Saturday, November 25, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. Black is this week's signature colour because Friday, November 24, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains? I bought a black Babaton Markos Coat from Aritzia that was 10% off. It wasn't really a great bargain, but I wanted a new coat and had been eyeing this one for a a couple months, so any discount was better than none. Roots is having a 30% off sale for Black Friday weekend, so I bought another pair of my favourite Black Pepper Boyfriend Sweatpants and the matching Kanga Hoodie. I also went to The Face Shop, where everything was 40% off on Black Friday, and picked up a bottle of Belif Bergamot Herbal Extract Toner and a tube of Chia Seed Fresh Foaming Cleanser, plus a massive glass bottle of Fruits & Passion Cucina Olive Oil Hand Soap and a tube of Nourishing Hand Butter in Lime Zest & Cypress. Oh, and I did pick up a few sale items from Sephora as well: Philosophy's Shower Gels in Melon Daiquiri and Senorita Margarita for $15 each from $22, and Bobbi Brown's Highlighting Powder Trio for $64 from $85.

  2. Among the biggest the Black Friday advertisers are Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Best Buy. If you could have a $100 gift card to any one of those stores, which would you choose?  What would you buy? Three out of four of those retailers are in the US only, but I'd probably go with Target. There's always something one needs from Target (despite the fact that they pulled out of Canada because they went bankrupt here).

  3. Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game? Nope. It's not Thanksgiving here, and I don't watch sports. My Thursday to Saturday plans are working, and my Sunday plans include sleeping. I live such an exciting life.

  4. Thanksgiving weekend is a major time for travel. How far did you venture from home for the holiday? It's not Thanksgiving here, but I wouldn't venture outside of Toronto for Thanksgiving, anyway. Most of my family lives in Toronto, and for the ones that don't, I wouldn't bother traveling that far for Thanksgiving. My family has never really cared for or celebrated Thanksgiving (except for the couple of times I went to my cousin Janetta's house over the years for turkey dinner, but it was just me and her boyfriend and her mom's side of the family, and she lived like, 30 minutes away from me), so I mostly use that day off from work to catch up on sleep.

  5. This week's song, "Man in Black," is about a singer who refuses to wear bright colours. What colour are you wearing as you answer these questions? Oh, wow, I'm actually not wearing black right now! (But I wear black maybe 98% of the time.) I'm wearing my favourite dark grey Roots sweatpants and an old dark grey TNA V-neck shirt. I know, it's so different, right?

  6. Johnny Cash first performed this song at Nashville's Vanderbilt University. When were you last on a college campus? What brought you there? Spring 2010, University of Toronto Scarborough. I was there for class, 'cause you know, I went to school there.

  7. The average American man wears a 10.5 size shoe, the average woman wears a 7.5. Johnny Cash wore a size 13. Are your shoes bigger or smaller than the national average? Bigger; I generally wear an 8.5.

  8. He preferred his coffee very strong. To make sure what he was drank was to his liking, he carried a jar of instant coffee with him and would ladle it into his cup in restaurants. What about you? What's your standard coffee order? Depends on where, really. Generally, I like stronger coffee roasts, and I add in half-and-half cream and Splenda. I do also enjoy a pinch of cinnamon in my coffee these days. But if I'm at Tim Horton's, I always get a double-double.

  9. While in the air force, Cash wrote short stories under the pseudonym "Johnny Dollar." Make up a pen name for yourself. Dee Young.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9