Thursday Threes: Vol. 9

on
Thursday, September 21, 2017
The last 3 things I ate:
  • Mango and coconut + chocolate flake gelato from Love Gelato for dessert
  • Maki rolls and sashimi at Markham Sushi for dinner
  • Shrimp tacos with guacamole from Z-Teca for lunch

Volcano Roll (California + spicy salmon with avocado, spicy salmon, tempura bits, and spicy sauce) from Markham Sushi

Spider Roll (soft shell crab with avocado, cucumber, crab meat, and fish roe) and Cherry Blossom Roll (California + tuna with avocado, spicy crab meat, and tempura bits) from Markham Sushi

Salmon, tuna, shrimp, octopus, and yellowtail sashimi from Markham Sushi

The last 3 things I did:
  • Had gelato for dessert with Chelsea
  • Had sushi for dinner with Chelsea and Ronsee
  • Drove to Markham Sushi from work

The last 3 purchases I made:

The last 3 things I watched:

  • Sense8 — Yes, I'm finally watching Sense8. I'm on Episode 11 of Season 1, and it is totally living up to its reputation. The pilot is confusing at first but the story really gets going about 20 minutes later, and the next thing you know, you've sat on the couch for five hours straight because you can't not binge-watch this show. Beautifully written, acted, and directed, and one of the most unique premises for a show I've ever seen. Incredible characters and storylines, and the cinematography is absolutely stunning. I also love that the show represents so many different ethnicities, cultures, identities, genders, and religions. My fave, though, has got to be Sun, who is straight-up one of the most bad-ass characters on TV.
  • To The Bone — The performances are excellent, and the movie shines a spotlight on a subject that isn't really explored in mainstream media. Overall, I think it does a good job on educating people on anorexia without being too dry, sensitive, or disrespectful. But I felt that it didn't really get into the psyche of any of the characters, and some of the story gets too unfocused. It veers into a romance that seems forced and uncomfortable to watch. The movie is a snapshot of a girl struggling with anorexia, but there is no resolution here; there are no suggestions for healing, no hope for getting better. And Lily Collins' character is just unlikeable and unrelatable. Her character says she wants to get better and is thus put in her fifth treatment centre, but doesn't do a damn thing to prove it. There's just something missing in this conversation, and it gets frustrating to watch.
  • Riverdale — Of course it has to end on a fucking cliffhanger. Just two and a half weeks before the Season 2 premiere.

The last 3 songs I played:
  • Red - Ordinary World
  • Foo Fighters - Arrows
  • Chevelle - Face to the Floor

The last 3 apps I used on my phone:
  • Instagram
  • Words with Friends
  • Music

3 makeup items I used on my face today:

3 things in my purse right now:

3 items of clothing I wore today:
  • A black silk Wilfred sleeveless scoop-neck top
  • A black lace cut-out jacket from Zara
  • A pair of black wide waistband leggings from Zara

3 things I want to accomplish tomorrow:
  • Exchange a pair of shoes for a bigger size at Call It Spring
  • Exchange a jacket for a smaller size at Aritzia
  • Get a wedding gift for my brother and his fiancée from their registry
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9