Friday Five: Straight No Chaser

on
Friday, June 2, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What keeps you on the straight and narrow? After my rebellious phase in my late teens/early 20s, I had to learn to grow up. Moving out with my ex-boyfriend when I was young forced me to live on much less than I was used to. I got into a lot of debt. I had to work two jobs, six days a week, at nearly minimum wage just to stay afloat. When I broke up with him and moved back home, I had to force myself to become responsible. I don't drink, I don't drug, I don't party or go clubbing. I went back to school to "find myself," and ended up realizing that I just wanted to study makeup artistry, so I went to makeup school and got my diploma in Makeup Artistry & Design. I consolidated all my debt and got rid of all my credit cards. I got myself a job in the makeup industry and worked my ass off to get to where I am now, and I paid off all my debt two months ago. That taste of freedom is what keeps me on the straight and narrow.

  2. Who in your life is a real straight shooter? My friend Ronsee. He's honest and doesn't sugar-coat anything without being mean-spirited or blunt. If I need an opinion or the truth about something, he's the person I go to.

  3. How straight are your teeth and hair? Both are pretty straight. I mean, I was born with straight hair (as most Chinese people are) and relatively straight teeth, though my parents made me get braces for a year, anyway ("just in case," they said). Over time, my bottom canines/cuspids have jutted out a little, but other than that, they've been straight since I got my braces off when I was 12.

  4. What's a good song with the word "straight" in its lyrics or title? Let's go with Veruca Salt's "Straight."


  5. What’s something that needs straightening? Now that I'm in a more senior position at work and I finished paying off my debt, I want to straighten out my financial situation. I need to save more so I won't have to worry about making mortgage payments for my condo next year. I also want to put more into my TFSA and my pension. Kinda boring, but such is the nature of adulting.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9