NYC — Summer 2015: Don Antonio

on
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Okay, anyone who knows me will know that I don't like to make repeat visits to restaurants in NYC because there's just so much food to be discovered. I was hell bent on getting pizza for at least one meal on this trip (it just wouldn't be right to go to NYC without getting pizza) and had plans on going to Kesté because I've heard and read so many good things about it (even from my brother, who is apparently now one of those pizza snobs 'cause living in NYC for almost a decade will do that to you). But my mom and I were lazy and hungry and really didn't want to subway down to West Village. So, I took my mom five blocks down from our hotel to Don Antonio, where I went with Austin back in February, and is Kesté's sister restaurant. (Apologies for the phone photos; I had left my camera in the hotel room because my brain could only focus on how much I wanted pizza.)

Vegetariana Pizza Rose

Prosciutto e Arugula Pizza Blanche

Now, you can read my review of Don Antonio here, because my thoughts about the place and their pizza have not changed. I still think it's the best pizza in Midtown and one of the best places for Neapolitan pizza in Manhattan, and their crust is the best I have ever had. And for those who are like me, and prefer pizza without tomato sauce, the pizza blanche here is the goddamn glorious. (Obviously, my mother ordered the vegetarian option.) But what is most noteworthy here is that they offer lunch specials from 11:30am to 3:30pm, so our pizzas were only $9 each, making them half the original price (seriously) and being the winner for cheapest meal on this trip. If you find yourself in NYC and are a fan of Neapolitan pizza (and you'd be crazy not to be), do yourself a favour and get thee to Don Antonio for lunch. My only regret was not ordering a third pie. 


Don Antonio
309 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10019
(646) 719-1043
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9