Saturday Nine: Stay With Me (2014)

on
Saturday, August 15, 2015
This week's Saturday Nine:
  1. Sam Smith explains that this song is about just not wanting to wake up alone. How about you? Are you comfortable being by yourself? Honestly, I love being by myself. I think I have to socialize so much in my work life that I really prefer solitude on my days off. I mean, I go out with friends for dinner and whatnot, but when I'm at home, I love being alone. I always have to spend at least one of my days off per week by myself.

  2. Last year a lawsuit filed by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, who maintained that "Stay with Me" was really just "I Won't Back Down." Petty and Lynne won. Have you ever served on a jury? No, and I don't know anyone who has. 

  3. Smith performed this on The David Letterman Show. Did you watch Dave's final episode last May? No, I'm not big on late night shows, and I've never been that into David Letterman (or Sam Smith, now that I think about it). I watch segments of some late night shows on YouTube sometimes, and the only one I really enjoy is Jimmy Fallon.

  4. Smith says his style was influenced by ladies with "massive voices," including Adele, Amy Winehouse, Chaka Kahn, and Whitney Houston. Of those four, which do you listen to most often? I guess Adele, because at one point, that's all anyone was playing everywhere I went, so I didn't really have a say in it (honestly, I could live a happy life without listening to "Rolling in the Deep" ever again). But on my own, I play Amy Winehouse the most out of those four artists.

  5. Speaking of style, Mr. Smith is a smart dressed man who looks comfortable and dapper as he walks the red carpet in a tux. Do you enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions? In makeup, yes. In clothing, no. I rarely ever go to special occasions, anyway, so it's normally fine that I don't have lots of fancy clothing... but I feel like I will need to invest in more in the near future because I'm just at that age now where I have to go to more and more weddings.

  6. "Occasions" is a word that makes Crazy Sam stumble because she can never remember how to spell it correctly. Are you a good speller? Yes. English was my best academic subject in high school (I even majored in English Literature for a year in university before I realized that it was useless to what I wanted to do for a living), and I read a lot of novels now, so I'm kind of nuts about spelling and grammar.

  7. Sam Smith was born on May 19, which makes him a Taurus. When did you last check your horoscope? It's been a while, maybe half a year or more. I believe more in the Eastern zodiac than the Western one, in any case.

  8. Tauruses are supposed to be reliable, organized and ambitious. Do any of those three adjectives describe you? I am reliable and quietly ambitious, though I should work more on organization. I mean, I am organized to a certain extent but I usually get overwhelmed or lazy and then I procrastinate on it. For example, I have piles of makeup from like, a year ago that still need to get divvied up into my drawers.

  9. Random question: Look at the floor. Do you see carpet, rug, hard wood or tile? Carpet.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9