Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Stronger

on
Monday, November 18, 2013

As you may know, judging by my most recent nail polish reviews and haul posts, I am in something of a glitter phase right now. After trying and being obsessed with Deborah Lippmann's Shake Your Money Maker, I knew the next polish I had to try was Stronger (her collaboration with Kelly Clarkson), which I bought at the same time. As I mentioned in my last nail post, I was obsessed with Lippmann's previous glitter polishes like Across the Universe and Happy Birthday because they were so revolutionary at the time. But as the market got saturated with glitters and dupes of many of Lippmann's original shades, I got bored of the majority of her glitter releases in the past couple years because none of the colour combinations were intriguing me. But the fangirl in me came out again this year when I saw Lippmann's latest offerings hitting the shelves. 


Stronger is a sheer royal blue jelly base with large opalescent silver, red, and gold hexagonal and medium-sized glitter. It has a thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. The glitter goes on evenly dispersed, and I had no problems getting the glitter to stay put, either. The base is very sheer, so while the glitter covers the nail well within three coats, I recommend using a base colour (I used Butter London's Blagger as it seemed the most similar to what the jelly base looks like in the bottle) so the glitter stands out more. I cannot think of any dupes for this. What makes this a real stunner is that the glitter almost has a holographic effect that makes it appear as if the particles are moving. I was afraid that this polish was going to be a little too "Star Spangled Banner" for me, but it ended up being way less tacky than I thought it was going to be. I got a ton of compliments on this when I was wearing it and many were comparing it to outer space or cosmos, but to me, it's more akin to being in an ocean full of iridescent fish.
6 comments on "Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Stronger"
  1. Fun! I love the blue base in this. I'll pick it up eventually probably - this one's permanent, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so! I still like Shake Your Money Maker better, but this one is worth grabbing, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it?! :) Been loving all the new Lippmann glitters recently!

      Delete
  3. You guys and your glitter! I just can't get into it, sadly…fun shade, but I'm such a die-hard creme fan :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I revert to cream polishes from time to time but I end up finding them so boring after like, a day. I think I just like more visually stimulating nails, lol. Every time I put on a cream polish, I end up putting a coat of glittery polish on top. :P Maybe you should try a softer micro-glitter instead of full-blown chunky glitter like this one!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9