Survey Says...

on
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
This week's Survey Says... from Temptalia:

Holy grail skincare product? I actually have a few holy grail skincare products at the moment (naturally). Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover and Bioderma's Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution for make-up removal, MAC's Lightful Marine-Bright Formula Essence and Softening Lotion to help even out skintone and discolouration, AmorePacific's Moisture Bound Rejuvinating Serum for intense hydration and brightness, and Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex for skin texture.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover, Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution, MAC Lightful Marine-Bright Formula Essence, MAC Lightful Marine-Bright Formula Softening Lotion, AmorePacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum, and Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

Holy grail concealer? MAC's Mineralize Concealer. I'm not someone who wears concealer everyday, but when I do, this is the one I reach for. I use it more so for evening out any redness on my cheeks, but occasionally under my eyes if I'm looking particularly tired. It has medium buildable coverage and a natural luminous finish, so it's ideal for people who want to even out skintone but not full or heavy coverage. It's hydrating and super-blendable, and doesn't cake or build-up in fine lines. Love this stuff.

MAC Mineralize Concealer

Holy grail foundation? MAC's Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I don't use liquid foundations because I don't like the feel of it all over my face, so I switched to powders. This one can be heavy or cakey when used with a sponge, but I use a flathead brush with it and it creates a very even, buffed finish while still giving me medium-full coverage. What I like most about this is that it's effortless to use; you can just slap it on and go without having to worry about fully blending it out (as you would a liquid foundation). Plus, as someone who has oily skin, I love the matte finish of this powder.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
4 comments on "Survey Says..."
  1. You've basically sold me on all the MACs at this point. ;) I might try the Studio Fix Powder for summer if I don't end up falling for a liquid again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can be pretty convincing, I think. ;)

      And yes, you really should try Studio Fix Powder. I'm actually surprised that you haven't tried this before, actually. I know it's many people's first foundation, and one of MAC's bestselling products! You should find your shade; I'm sure I can get one for you!

      Delete
  2. Aahh, these all sound amazing. I finally got ahold of the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, and it IS amazing! It might be the best makeup remover I've ever used — it's super powerful and yet also smells/feels awesome, and not greasy at all like an oil-based cleanser! Thanks for the rec! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! So glad you're loving the cleanser! :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9